Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Controlling Mid Day Oil w/our Smearing makeup?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sonja View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Controlling Mid Day Oil w/our Smearing makeup?
    Posted: April 12 2003 at 1:53am
Does anyone have suggestions on how to control mid afternoon oil buildup on skin w/out smearing makeup or taking a ton of powder? Someone suggested that I try blotter papers but I am leery that they will smear my makeup that I work so hard to keep looking good all day.
Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 9:14am
Clean 'n Clear oil blotting sheets work well for me. You just have to blot and not rub. I use them on my nose and forehead.
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
Cherie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 7:41am
use mattefier under your make up & on top of make up to sop up grease. I also use MAC blotting powder- a sheer dusting that doesn't build up on your skin with repeated use.

hope that helps,
cherie
Kyla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 12:25am
Mary Kay has Beauty Blotters which absorb oil, but have no powder on them to gunk up your skin. Remember to blot up and down, not rub! They also have something called Oil Mattifier which you put on before your foundation, it will suck up the oil slick on your face and PREVENT oil!
Some foundations and skincare products have oil controllers in them too.
Ky
netta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2003 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Sonja Sonja wrote:

Does anyone have suggestions on how to control mid afternoon oil buildup on skin w/out smearing makeup or taking a ton of powder? Someone suggested that I try blotter papers but I am leery that they will smear my makeup that I work so hard to keep looking good all day.
Sonja, within two hours of cleansing my face and using only products for oily skin. I use the beauty blotters for oily skin that you can purchase at Sally's Supply House or Wal-mart. They have powder (your color choice) and all you do is simply blot where needed as often as needed. I get many coments about my face looking fresh after using them. Worth a try.

Netta (grease monkey)
Netta
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2003 at 3:16pm
Any blotting paper works great! Mary Kay has some but most of all, while I LOVE the expensive department brands of cosmetics, I thoroughly love the Mary Kay Oil Mattifier. I use it everyday under my makeup. I am oily in my T-zone (chin, nose & forehead) so I only apply it there. However a good friend of mine applies it to her entire face and loves it as well!!! It is only $15, so that is not too bad. And depending on how you use it, it could last you a really long time. I am still on my original tube from June.
trixxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trixxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2003 at 9:40pm
I use a beauty blotter sheet from MK and it doesn't smear my make up. Also you dab or pat not rub. You could also use an oil mattifier over your make up it doesn't smudge either.
Cheri View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheri  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2004 at 12:23pm
try using an oil mattifier. Mary Kay makes one that is pretty good. I put it on under my foundation and then again later in the day. Use sparingly.
crimsonvixen19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsonvixen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 1:41pm
I use MAC Blot powder. It works like a dream and I have truly oily skin
Jeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:53am

I use to use Palladio brand powdered blotting papers from Sally's Supply, but didn't like the effect the powder had on my t-zone.

I recently switched to 24/7 brand at Ulta stores and like the powder-free absorption.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic