Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moustaches on ladies...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moustaches on ladies...
    Posted: April 01 2004 at 10:50am
Okay, ladies, first let me say I'm not quite ready
for Barnum & Bailey, but I've noticed what I consider to be longer growth of hair in the moustache area. Not dark, but light blonde, so that when I'm in the sunshine at a certain angle it really lights up and makes me self conscious.

So, thinking I must just be getting older and this was part of life, I shaved it. Bad mistake.

On down the line, I ignored it for the most part,
but here it came again. This time I decided to use
Nair. I smeared it on my moustache and even down the sides for any hair getting a wise idea. Before the time elapsed for hair removal, I was screaming down the hall to get it off! It was burning! I wiped it off, some hair came with it, and ended up with a week's worth of irritated skin in the moustache area.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I decided to use
a sugar wax. Having never experienced a waxing on any part of my body, I proceeded with caution. I was pleasantly surprised, actually, and felt it was
relatively painless. Wa-la! Baby smooth skin and no moustache!

Just a few days later an entire parade of tiny bubbles appeared on my moustache.

What is one to do????

Now here it is almost healed, my acne moustache is just about gone. I've tried three times to
find a reasonable hair removal. Can anyone suggest a good product or idea?

Duct tape and tweezers are out of the question, please.

:-) Karen Marie

Miranda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miranda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2004 at 9:37pm
Well, I picked up one of those handy Conair Finishing Touch things you see on TV. They're great! You can pick them up at about any store....they will work for anything including eyebrows and facial hair.
Harvy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 7:24pm
im sorry but..........hahahahaha!

i have that prob too so im not poking fun, but it sounds like u've tried everything to no avail.

how about laser hair removal? or u could try threading if ur up for it.
lLinda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lLinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2004 at 9:23am
Try Surgi-Cream,,,,, i buy it at Sallys or Walgreens,,,,,its painless...lol...i know what you mean..Im not ready for PT Barnum either....Laser is painfull and so expensive, i have it done
Linda
Dove
Lauren921 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2004 at 12:49pm
haha.. barnum and bailey... thats funny.. ok.. so the moustache thing.. it sucks.. for me- being an italian girl who was blessed with much unwanted hair... i tried waxing and also got the little bubbles.. which were not good.. nair .. yes it BURNS A LOT! the tweezing is actually the only thing that works for me.. yes it sounds painful.. one... hair.... at ....a ...time lol... but it gets the job done! actually.. my "technique" is to use some ice to numb the area a little.. then i use a 10x magnification mirror (yeahh it takes some geting used to) and pluck away! when i look in a regular mirror it looks reallly good. and it lasts for up to two weeks. and it gets thinner.. weird huh? o well thought i''d put in my 2 cents!
Green Eyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Eyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2004 at 7:11pm
I think, if you looked hard and long enough, most women's upper lips would, to some degree, have mustache hair.

As I am getting older, the hairs are fine but some are getting darker.

I've been using the old standby, Jolen Creme Bleach, to great advantage...the results last about six weeks or so. I've had one supply for about a year now with many months left to go.

There is no burning or discomfort.

As far as removing other unwanted hairs are concerned, I have found that the La Cross, stainless steel, slant tip tweezers are the best! They come with a neat little carrying case and get those little buggers out as they are first emerging!

Hope I have been of some help...
"Too soon old, too late smart."
Clodagh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clodagh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2004 at 10:44pm
I use the jolens bleach creme on mine too. It's the perfect soloution for me but I have to say it does feel a little tingley and burny and does sometimes cause me one or two tiny spots. That said I have VERY sensitive skin and absolutely anything else leaves me in unbearable agony. I think it's worth it though because the spots are only little and clear up after a few days plus it does indeed last a long time but since your problem is with the legnth I'd say go with the facial trimmer the other girl mentioned
Clodagh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clodagh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2004 at 10:44pm
I use the jolens bleach creme on mine too. It's the perfect soloution for me but I have to say it does feel a little tingley and burny and does sometimes cause me one or two tiny spots. That said I have VERY sensitive skin and absolutely anything else leaves me in unbearable agony. I think it's worth it though because the spots are only little and clear up after a few days plus it does indeed last a long time but since your problem is with the legnth I'd say go with the facial trimmer the other girl mentioned
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2004 at 1:51am
Electrolysis is the only way to permanently remove hair.
pinksaliva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksaliva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 6:29pm
there's this home wax strips kit for face called HAIR OFF. i used it at my friends house, it's the best! i never expect results from anything done at home, especially waxing. It turned out better than when i did it at salons. BEST ONE, i don't know where to buy it though, i found it online but did not make a purchase. if u find it, definately get it, worth the 7 or 8 dollars!
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 9:38pm
If I had that problem I would get laser or electrolysis.
Why even bother with other methods.
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2004 at 10:00pm
You must have sensitive skin. :(

The finishing touch hair trimmer is a wonderful device that probably could work very well on your upper lip with no irritation.

I just don't mess with mine. No bleaching or anything; all the hairs are baby fine and sun-bleached blonde anyway, so no sense in mucking it up.

Now when I turn 40 or 50, it'll be a different story.
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 7:08pm
I would suggest electrolysis. Make sure they are liscensed. It should be approx $1 a minute depending on where you live.
Trust me on this one. I am Greek and waxed for 10 years before discovering this one. Bleach is good for in between sessions, but if you have a lot of hair it just showcases your mustache to bleach.
The only permanant solution approved by the fda is electrolysis, which costs similar to waxing, but after a few sessions your hair is so much finer.
I spend maybe $100 over 5 years on my mustache with electrolysis and now I don't need to go, I just bleach it every once in awhile, but I used to spend $10 every other month on waxing and it used to grow back.

P.S. don;t use wax if you use accutane or any retin a like products even if you don't use them on the mustache because your skin will come off with the wax in strips.
Babyshortcake40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babyshortcake40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2006 at 5:42pm
I Use Sally Hanson waxing strips on mine. They do really well and It also comes with a soothing oil to use directly after waxing. It hurts at first but eventually you get used to it. i hope this helps.Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic