Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using lipgloss as eyeshadow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anna Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using lipgloss as eyeshadow
    Posted: November 15 2004 at 3:11pm
Hello, I'm a makeup fiend searching for a fresh new look. Recently I purchased Nars lipgloss in Triple X (completely clear). I do know that eyeshadow may be used on the lips and that lipliner may be used on the eyes. But I wanted a dewy product I could just gently sponge on my browbones to create a shiny look and wanted to ask advice before going ahead with it. Since it is clear gloss, there are no dyes/glitters that could damage or scratch the cornea.

Thoughts?

Anna Maria
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 7:50pm
I think that lipgloss on your eyes would cause skin problem like clogged pores or even a rash on your eyelid. Not sure though-- I think you should try a wet look or cream eyeshadow first.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 8:02pm
Have you tried irridescent gel foundation yet? I use that on my best
friend when doing her makeup and make sure to use a lot around her
eyes. It gives her that "dewy" look that I can't pull off :P
LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:50pm
my friend has tried the whole lipgloss on the eyelids and it worked out horrible for her... her eyelids and below her brow swelled up like no other and it was horrible. it took forever to go away and the swelling to go down and i felt so horrible about it so i don't personally think you'd want your eyes to look like that or anything.. because it didn't look very attractive at all!!
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-
LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:51pm
they have stuff like that (maybelline i think) has it and its got the dewey effect. it's awesome stuff.....
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-
cutie_pie5487 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutie_pie5487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 9:28am

Hey~ I've actually used lip gloss as eye shadow before, and it sticks to your lids and makes them not want to come apart. Its really irratating to.. But the strange thing is it didnt give a rash or anything..:P

*!*Tara Ann*!*

*~Tara's Ann Sexy Body is Here~*
longlgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longlgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 10:16pm
Hey Lostforever, who makes the irridescent gel foundation? That stuff sounds good!
In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.
- Dionysius Longinus
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic