Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To do cosmetology... or not??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To do cosmetology... or not??
    Posted: June 18 2004 at 12:06pm
My situation: I have 2 years of college under my belt. It's been really hard for me to decide on a major. I want to do something in the fashion/beauty market so I thought I could do journalism or PR and write for a magazine or beauty company... then marketing b/c I could work for a fashion or beauty company...

Cosmetology's always been in the back of my head but I've always said it's my back up plan in case I don't get a job after college. I *have* to go to college - that's the attitude I grew up in. It's what you do after high school - no other options. My parents are very supportive, it's just that that's been ingrained into my head from everyone everywhere so it's not a good feeling when I think of leaving... Not to mention all the money and loans I've spent these past 2 years!! And time. I'm not sure if it would be worth it for me to leave now...

Has anyone else gone through this w/ any career choices? Advice??
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2004 at 4:20pm
You need to do what you want in life.
If you have a passion for something, you will do well at it. You could maybe make more money at something else, but if you make more money and are unhappy, what good is the money?
Go with your heart. You can still make a decent living and will be doing something that makes you happy.
Best wishes.

MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 8:10pm
Do what u feel is best
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic