Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

clientele

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kendram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clientele
    Posted: February 01 2005 at 3:45pm
I am looking for ways to build my clientele. I will be sending out letters to everyone I know, with discount coupons; writing a press release about a new class I am certified in; and praying to the hair gods to send me clients. Please Help!!
National Educator for:
John Paul Mitchell Systems
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 3:29pm
Some salons will sometimes give you a solid two week client base upon hiring...I also know when some stylists move away, they will sell or give their clientelle list to you...Ask around. Sell yourself to EVERYBODY, and have your friends/family sell you to EVERYBODY as well...Make sure that youre doing quality work...Itll sell itself. It takes a good 2 years to build a solid clientelle, but this is a good start. I, myself, am afraid Im not going to make my financial goal my first year in this industry either, but was told by several stylists to expect $15,000 at THE MOST...Some stylists make less then $10,000 in the first year, but double it every few years from there on. Dont get discouraged though. Another option you have is to work in a chain salon, where your income is based solely on walk-ins. Im sure Im tellin you stuff you already know ;) but just in case ya didnt, I hope I helped a little bit. good luck!
Sara
Kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 12:07pm

I am glad to hear see this. I am going through a really rough time now. I have no clientel, ben at my shop over 3 months but im just gonna move onto another salon or something else cuase this aint working right now. I cant afford anything. I was unemployed for over 2 years and im still in the same nothign i was b4.  I dont even get to even do the cheap 10 minute styles, plus they hired some1 else who aint got no clientele either which puts me and her like :^P  w/client's. (sigh. smh) Im glad to ready u said chain salons try to give u some people in the first 2 weeks of being hired.

billionairehair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billionairehair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 9:03pm
god bless u ladies I have been there I want to say to u know ur worth....please keep in touch I'm doing a network for hairstylist....come join
Mark Gerrard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Gerrard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 11:57pm
Many of the Beauty jobs advertised on this site are located locally across the UK and some of the more popular areas which our visitors search for are on the left and right of the page.  Whatever stage you are at on the career ladder, you will find the right level of job at this site. Whether you are searching for new employment at the moment, researching Beauty salary levels or just curious about what else is available in the industry then this site is for you. You will find a wide and varied spectrum of job vacancies encompassing both temporary and permanent positions, full and part time so please take a little time browsing the current positions available.
hookah lounge is your one stop place for all and dumbbells.
maha22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maha22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2010 at 3:06am
Face-to-face always works better than cold-calling. Best thing to do is go to your local Barnes and Nobles or other large book store and find a book on marketing your company that's full of ideas that are workable for you. That's what I did.
===============
Funeral Insurance| Funeral Cover
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic