Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

low rise jeans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: low rise jeans
    Posted: June 08 2003 at 11:02pm
am i the only one that think some of the low rise jeans are to low? i like low rise jeans because i have a low navel and my pierced navel wouldn't show before. some low rise jeans are ridiculous! i bought these cute bongo jeans that had a flower design down the leg. i tried them on and my butt crack almost show! i had to take them back.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 11:19pm
I can't keep them up .
Uzi

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 9:40am
I think the fad is about over. I noticed that some of the fashion magazines are slowly introducing pictures of the "latest" syle for pants which are those with a waistband which sits on or above the waist with tapered legs. I saw this happen from the '70s to the '80s and I suspect that everyone will begin to move away from those types of jeans in a year or two. Change sells.....
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:03am
If low-rise jeans go away, then maybe so will those inane Old Navy "game show" commercials!

If you live outside the U.S. and have never seen an Old Navy spot, you are more blessed than you know.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:20am
LOL that is so true!
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:46am
I love them and I live in them. Some of my pants that aren't labeled "low rise" sit on my hips or below the navel anyway. They're just more comfortable for me.

I just think of it as a newer, and more fashionable, version from the "sagging" trend of the early 1990s.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 1:31pm
Low rise jeans are for those who possess flat abs otherwise they look funny if a person isn't. I think they're just good for young girls or women who strive for attention or something. Otherwise, better stick to something you feel comfortable with. But if a person loves wearin' them, then no big deal! :)
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 1:31pm
Personally, I don't care to wear them. I do think they look cool on thin women, but seeing a pot belly hanging over the top is gross, in my opinion. Also, seeing the crack in back does not enrich my life in the least...
wittils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 1:50pm
Hi everybody...

I wear them because I am comfortable in them. I am by no means over weight, 5'6" and 118, but I am older so I don't wish to look like a mutton trying to be a lamb. But I am modest and don't get the ones that are way low. And I wear a body suit or form-fitting tank tucked under my clothes, because I am not out to show off.

I can't stand high waisted pants!!! I have always been this way, it makes me feel like Irkel... how's his name spelled? Anyhow, I do have a short waist so high waisted pants are so uncomfortable. Between fashion waves I usually search high and low for those lower waisted jeans.

So if times are changing and high waisted pants are "in" in the near future, count me out.

Wear what is comfortable for you.

wittils
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 1:58pm
>>>>I am by no means over weight, 5'6" and 118, but I am older so I don't wish to look like a mutton trying to be a lamb.

We've all heard "dress for your age." To which I say, "bull."

I'd rather see an "older" woman with a fit body wearing skimpy clothes than an obese 18-year-old stuffed into a tank top with fat rolls peeking out the edges.

I think it's much more important to dress for the type of body shape that you have, not the age of the body.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 2:47pm
i'm talking about the low low rise. i wear some of the low rise pants. like i said in one pair my butt crack would of show.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by princessmonica princessmonica wrote:

i'm talking about the low low rise. i wear some of the low rise pants. like i said in one pair my butt crack would of show.

Like some girls who wear g-strings and showing some of that butt with those low, low rise jeans! How tacky can that be? It's ok if you're out to impress/seduce your hubby or bf, but not for the public!

Speaking of regular low rise jeans, I understand now. I own some of them which aren't too low to show butt crack or high to my waist. They're London Jeans by Victoria's Secret, I love them and had them since 1998 with little tear or wear.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 4:32pm
yeah.. the underpants peaking out is just yucky. I can't stand that.. can't people learn to wear the right underwear?
Cora View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 8:55pm
Butts cracks are horrible whether on the smelly guy fixing your plumbing OR a gorgeous young girl. Butt cracks should be banned in any circumstance. LOL.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:15pm
LOL That reminds me of the crack spackle I saw on The Man Show.

I love low rise jeans personally. I have long legs, so low rise jeans have a better chance of coming down to my ankles. I have small hips though. I have a pair of flared corduroy pants that are awesome! That have lace insets that almost make them bell bottoms. Anyway, they're hip huggers, which I think are different than just low-rise, right? I had to sew tucks in them so they really grab me tight, or they'd fall down! I always wear them with long tops, so I don't have to worry too much about crack showing. I really can't squat or bend over in them without that happening, so long, oversized tops are a must.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
cara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 5:22pm
The super-low-rise jeans don't really look like they'd be functional IMO, and with what other posters have said about butt cracks, that bears out my opinion. I also agree with the poster who said that it's the type of body that counts, not necessarily the age of it. For myself, I've always liked pants that sit at the top of the hip instead of the waist because they fit me better(slightly short-waisted but slim and well-proportioned, 5'5" 111lbs., age 56) Pants that sit at the regular waist feel so-o uncomfortable because the waist is cut too small, usually 10" smaller than the hip, whereas on me I have a 9" difference between waist and hip - been that way lifelong, even when I weighed 20lbs. more for a brief period in my 20's!
I also think the super-lows are going to go out of style pretty soon, but one never knows. The hip-hop style that a lot of teenagers wear has been going strong for about 10 years now, along with shorter-lived fads. Just my 2 cents here1
ll_insomnia_ll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll_insomnia_ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 2:39am
I wear a lot of low rise jeans. But i'm really thin too. Some people are just disgusting about it though and let them go WAY too low. I also wear really baggy pants.. I mean, they're like guys pants.

People who wear them low low though.. Ehh, I just think it's gross. ESPECIALLY when they sit down. It's just like.. Yeah, cover that up. And they (highschool girls) usually don't have the underwear on to cover them up, at all.
GadgetMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 1:19pm
I cant stand the things personally. Unfortunately, I have a short body and a 10" inch difference between my waist and hips so everything ends up sitting on my hips anyway. I dont wear jeans, but even other pants always seem to be lowrise. I have a pair of cords that are so ridiculous I have to tie something around my waist when I wear them, or put on a belt that's so tight I cant breathe.

I love the new satin pants with drawstrings though. They're so comfy and I can tie them so they sit where ever I want.
Amazing Jean View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 2:03pm
i like low rise jeans caz i like em better. but i def agree with u wen u say that some are too low. its relly gross. one time i was in english class an there was this girl in front of me an i was like ewww! caz she was wearin relly low rise jeans an a thong. an it was very disturbing. of course there were guys sittin behind her too an they were even disturbed by it. i felt bed fer her caz they were laughing at her.
haha the reason i found this page is caz i was lookin fer a pair of low rise jeans. ya know them bell bottom jeans that completely cover yer foot. i like them. caz when i walk it almost looks like im floating. caz u cant see my feet. hahaa. i also like em caz my legs can breathe and not suffocate with being too tight. funny. caz i like loose pants with a fitting waist. yet i hate wearin shorts. caz i dont like showin off my legs. which is a shame caz i got relly nice legs. lol. yeah...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic