Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Low Riders On Bulging Bellies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bratty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bratty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Low Riders On Bulging Bellies
    Posted: June 09 2003 at 2:15pm
Hi,

This drives me nuts. I have no opinion about how someone manages their body or whether they should do situps or whatever. However, it drives me nuts when people with soft giggly bellies wear super lowrider jeans and a cropped top that shows off their soft bellies. Am I the only one that feels this way? Maybe I am shallow but it always sort of amazes me that people don't seem to carry about letting their bellies hang out. Now I am all far it if you have a toned stomach or even semi-toned but am I nuts?
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 2:39pm
but Bratty, don't you just want to go up to them and jiggle their jelly bellies???
Uzi

beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 3:12pm
I agree with you, bratty. I can't stand anyone with untoned or obese bodies stuffed in clothes made for skimpy folks. If you got nice toned (either semi or full) bod, go for it. Otherwise, it's "gross" to see much more overweight people wearing those types of clothes. There are other more appealing and flattering clothes made for big sizes that will make them beautiful. Why bother with clothes made for skinny or toned people unless they come in big sizes? No offense intended to anyone who is on big side.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 4:17pm
That's exactly what I wrote in another post! People come in all shapes and sizes, and it's not a crime to be overweight, but it really is totally tacky to dress as if you wear a size 4 body when you really have a size 14+ body.

Even a person who really only has a few extra pounds will look a LOT heavier when she doesn't wear clothes to fit the body that she currently wears.
Cora View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 8:51pm
I totally agree Jennifer. People need to get a reality factor about themselves and their bodies and dress appropriately. Yes, bodies come in all sizes and shapes BUT so do jeans. :-)

SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:08pm
OMG! Yes, that is SO gross! My friend used to have a roommate who had had 3 kids and she dressed with her belly hanging out. It was so gross! She was like 40. She had psoriasis on her belly, too. So gross!

Do these people not own mirrors?

I think belly revealing clothes should be limited to like nightclubs and the beach. No matter what your size or age.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic