Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - how many still have clothes in closet with tags?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how many still have clothes in closet with tags?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how many still have clothes in closet with tags?
    Posted: June 16 2003 at 2:34pm
how many here still haved clothes in there closet with tags? and why? i have MANY. a lot of them our pants that need to be hem. my grandma does my hemming. she had a mini stroke years ago so it takes her awhile to do. i have some tank tops too that the straps need to be fixed. ok i admit i have tops too that don't need anything done. i don't want them to get ruin. they look nice in my closet ok my friends it's your turn
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 3:34pm
Occasionally (VERY occasionally) I buy something that's dirt cheap, usually final clearance for a couple bucks that is too big but would make a good sewing project. I've made dresses into skirts, pants into shorts, etc. I am not always successful, however, so that's why I limit myself to REALLY cheap clearance-wear. Once I slaughtered what could have been a really cute velour skating skirt...I still get misty-eyed thinking about it....
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 8:50pm
LOL Monica, I have some pants with the tags still on in my closet... they're waiting for me to let the hem seams out!
Just one pair though. I got them at a consignment store. They're not my usual style, but they're butter yellow and so soft! I couldn't pass them up. I'm a sucker for anything soft.

Other than that... I have one of those tiny shirts that were all over the stores like 2 years ago. You know, the ones that shrink down to about 12" x 12" but stretch out to fit about anyone and hug your curves? It's really cute, and it was on clearance at Marshall's, so it didn't cost much. I just haven't found an undergarment I can wear under it! I haven't really looked either. I'm sure when I do find it, it will cost more than the shirt did.
As it is, the shirt is already SO 2 years ago!

Great topic, Monica!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 9:13pm
I don't think I have ever had any in my closet with tags. Buying a new outfit for me is like instant gratification, alot like chocolate. I don't get "the rush" unless I wear it the very next day.

Great topic!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 10:04am
Originally posted by SuperGrover SuperGrover wrote:

Other than that... I have one of those tiny shirts that were all over the stores like 2 years ago. You know, the ones that shrink down to about 12" x 12" but stretch out to fit about anyone and hug your curves? It's really cute, and it was on clearance at Marshall's, so it didn't cost much. I just haven't found an undergarment I can wear under it! I haven't really looked either. I'm sure when I do find it, it will cost more than the shirt did.
As it is, the shirt is already SO 2 years ago!

i have tank tops like that. even tho there are 2 years ago i still wear them. i like them
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 11:30am
A Marshall's clearance! I don't think anything else can yield such delightful finds...and such disastrous fashions as that....
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
xxpinkgalzxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxpinkgalzxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 4:47am
After I buy sth I cut off the tag immediately. Just don't know why I hate the tag hanging around...
I found myself today...
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 6:31am

Guilty!! I have several pairs of pants and a couple of shirts in my closet w/ tags! I'm a shopaholic that's trying to curb the addiction so I regularly have things in my closet that I haven't gotten around to wearing yet I'm working on it though - somewhat

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 10:13pm

I have a lot.  I bought some stuff before I knew I was pregnant and I havent been able to fit into it yet. 

I am also a compulsive shopper, and shop lots.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 3:26am

I'm too poor to buy stuff and not wear it, so I definitely don't have unworn stuff in the closet with tags on.  Besides, the last clothes I bought came from Goodwill.  There's nothing prestigious about keeping clothes around with Goodwill tags attached :-P .

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic