Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you could salvage one item in a fire...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you could salvage one item in a fire...
    Posted: July 07 2003 at 1:16pm
A fun hypothetical to start the week off right:

If you could salvage just ONE article of clothing from your burning closet, what would it be, and why? (Your family, pets and everything else are safe; it's just your wardrobe on fire.)

(For me: My camel wool Banana Republic peacoat. It is soft, timeless and goes with everything. It was also way overpriced.)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
crazzzycait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazzzycait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 2:50pm
Wow that's hard..I guess I'll say..this red button down peacoat that I had when I was maybe 2-3. The coat just means a lot to me, and the memories go much deeper than my regular day to day clothes.

We love our peacoats
escucha el ritmo de tu corazon...te amo. <3 caiter tot
schizophonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schizophonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 3:00pm
Hmmm...really takes some thinking about this one.

I'm thinking that I'd take my long black hooded sweater jacket; the fabric is incredibly soft and makes me feel so comfortable when I wrap up in it. It matches anything else in my wardrobe, and very universal (it's small enough to nicely fit a smaller person, but can stretch to fit many other shapes as well). It's a simple thing, but the sort of thing that represents my personal taste (I have a thing for long jackets/sweaters/fitted blouses)

princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 3:57pm
just one or one armful?
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 6:21pm
LOL Monica...if your closet is on fire are you really going to have time to drape all those lovely items over your arm and run???
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 8:49pm
heck i'll try! LOL!
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 9:49pm
My mom's wedding dress. It"s soooo beautiful. Hookey I know!!!
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 11:15pm
OK OK i would say my wedding dress too. my other clothes could be replace. i would be upset but my wedding dress has centamental value to me it made me a little sad the other day. my cousin was telling me her wedding dress was just thrown in the back of her car with stains on it. it was a beautiful dress! she was the one that really looked like a princess.
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 3:21am
My black bootcut jeans. Those jeans match everything, fit perfectly and look sooo good on me!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 12:42am
This is hard!

My favorite dress is on me right now! I wear it at least once a week in the summer.

So assuming I am already wearing this dress... oh screw the rest of the closet. Yeah my husband can't argue against my going shopping for clothes now!!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 1:08am
LOL! traci you are to much!
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 11:04am
Hmmmm....I'd have to say my Birks. Which of the four pr I don't know...whichever I laid hands on first *lol* as long as didn't wind up with one of a kind or two for the same foot?!?! *rolls eyes*

Think most of the things I regularly wear could be replaced...but those I couldn't bear to part with.

Mylissa
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 7:27pm
My black Steve Madden boots. They are three years old and they don't make them anymore. I live in them in the winter (all six weeks of it).
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic