Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OK what exactly are the point of these?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK what exactly are the point of these?
    Posted: July 11 2003 at 2:00am
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006WEEW/ref=sc_pgb_c_4_m_A3OS7PCOOUKUMC_2/104-4568997-7324762?m=A3OS7PCOOUKUMC&n=1097192&v=glance&s=merchant

I understand the use of the control top, but why does it continue down the leg and stop mid calf?

And incidentally, buying clothes at Amazon is just weird. I miss the days when Amazon was just a book store. Now there's like nothing you can't buy at Amazon. It's worse than Wal*Mart. But I guess that's what America wants.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 2:04am
Oh dammit. This has become one of those loooooong
threads because the link was so long. Sorry!

You can help make it more bareable by hitting return at the
end of every line in your reply window. This will be a recurring
problem if we keep showing each other outfits. Which is fun.

Oh and also, my header is improper grammar. I should have
said: What exactly is the point of these? I should have been
an English teacher. I could have really driven the kids nuts.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 7:12am
Your English is real good, Traci :-)

I've seen those silly looking things in stores and I agree, pointless! Well, I imagine women would wear such an item purely for the control top "benefit." However, if you are wearing anything that's not skintight (a skirt suit, pants, whatever) it is virtually impossible for a casual observer to notice ANY difference in your leg's shape and/or firmness. The effect is negligible and probably not worth the extra effort/expense. It's like those times you struggle for 20 minutes with your hair and deem it a hopelessly awful hair day and no one notices the difference.

As for Amazon....I think I'll stick to buying CDs. Clay Aiken's first album should be out this year!

Aigh....I didn't do the spacing thing. Too early for cognitive thought...forgive me.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 7:42am
I wouldn't wear them, but I think their main purpose is to give you the bare, stockingless look while still affording you the support of control hose. Particularly in summer, certain types of dress/sandal combinations look better or more appropriate sans hose. So here's a way to get that nice casual look and still have support.

I wear a bike shorts shaped "shaper" under many of my dresses for support. They're pretty comfy (cotton) and better than these hose, and do the same thing.

Anyway I think that's what they're for...

Elissa
[/url]

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 7:42am
ooops--hit submit twice! Sorry!
[/url]

papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 11:55am
yeah, I can imagine people wearing it under summer dresses or skirts.. or possibly really tight capris? It doesn't seem too odd to me..

On the subject of amazon.. I knew they opened a clothing section.. but I had no idea they incorporated Nordstrom's things.. I mean, Nordstrom being a big department store and all..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic