Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gillian Anderson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alfredo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gillian Anderson
    Posted: January 17 2000 at 11:11pm
Watched the X-files Sunday, Scully's hair keeps getting
shorter each season. I don't think the current style fits her. It makes her look too "butch".
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2000 at 8:41am
You're right it is getting shorter, but like you I don't like it. In fact I have never liked her hair. I once saw a pic of her with shoulder length curly hair that looked very good, softer.
ctrlshiftc View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctrlshiftc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2000 at 12:23pm
My theory -- I think since she is very busy with the show, and has to maintain the same style for an entire season for continuity (I heard this somewhere) she has kept taking it up to something simpler and simpler, that doesn't require maintenance. I had thought it was good in most years, I'm undecided about this, but I definitely agree it's time she hasher stylist put down the scissors for a while :)

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2000 at 12:27pm
I'm agreeing with you guys here. I noticed Gillian's shorter 'do in the last couple of X-Files episodes and just don't get it. She went from the terrific bob, to the slightly shorter, more layered tucked version about a year ago and that still looked fine. However, thus current cut just seems to be shorter for the sake of being shorter. The cut is similar to what it was before just with two or three inches off of the length. The result, however, is a between lip and chin length version of the tucked style, but layered to the point that the volume on the sides is completely lost. Thus, it hugs her head more and isn't very flattering.

And I have no clue why she did it. Let's hope it doesn't last, though I'm not holding my breath.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2000 at 10:11pm
JerkyFlea,

do you have a picture or an URL for us?

Thanks!

natasha
splash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 2:22pm
Just curious
rattlayitdown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rattlayitdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 2:37pm
I saw her on Entertainment Tonight I believe, a while
back and she said this was the last season she was doing.
shadowgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2002 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

I'm agreeing with you guys here. I noticed Gillian's shorter 'do in the last couple of X-Files episodes and just don't get it. She went from the terrific bob, to the slightly shorter, more layered tucked version about a year ago and that still looked fine. However, thus current cut just seems to be shorter for the sake of being shorter. The cut is similar to what it was before just with two or three inches off of the length. The result, however, is a between lip and chin length version of the tucked style, but layered to the point that the volume on the sides is completely lost. Thus, it hugs her head more and isn't very flattering.

And I have no clue why she did it. Let's hope it doesn't last, though I'm not holding my breath.

JF

Hey guys, how `s doing? I want to have my hair cut and formed just like Gillian `s on the X-Files movie. I just have no idea how to ask it. Besides I like the way she "opens" them around her face, keeps them off-center and I cannot succed in copying it. Please, my e-mail adress is: shadowtrustno1@in.gr, send me e-mail. I need an advice on what is the procedure I must follow!!
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2002 at 4:37pm
You must have seen a old show. Wireimage shows her with below the shoulders hair and the pics don`t look very flattering either, it makes her cheeks look pudgey IMO.
TwitchyGnat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwitchyGnat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2002 at 6:14pm
Ooooooooh, what was that URL? Aha:

http://www.takenet.or.jp/~rina/bescully-top.htm

OK, so it`s all in Japanese, but can you deny that this is the definitive X-Files/Scully/Gillian Anderson hair chronicle?

Personally I was a bit disappointed that she (or the show`s producers) never let Scully take the plunge and go for something short...
airey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2002 at 12:03am
Maybe we have a different definition of short. Her hair has been above the shoulder most of the time.

I like the current length and I also liked her 1st season ponytail.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic