Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A humble, non-hair related request

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2003 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

And in case there is any confusion, shorthair, i'm not addressing this to you. You've had your say.

Last I checked we were living in a free country were we could have more than one say about some thing Gordo and as far as I know this board is the same way. If you weren't so predictable maybe people would not pick on you so much. I love short hair but I do not go around and say that everyone should cut there hair short nor do i say that everyone would look good in short hair. You on the other hand have on once or twice said any thing remotely nice about a woman that chopped her hair. just in this topic you told Whittney "what were you thinking", thats a real confidance booster to a person that did a dramatic hair cut. Grow up and stop being such a jerk and people may stop making fun of you.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2003 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

And in case there is any confusion, shorthair, i'm not addressing this to you. You've had your say.

Last I checked we were living in a free country were we could have more than one say about some thing Gordo and as far as I know this board is the same way. If you weren't so predictable maybe people would not pick on you so much. I love short hair but I do not go around and say that everyone should cut there hair short nor do i say that everyone would look good in short hair. You on the other hand have on once or twice said any thing remotely nice about a woman that chopped her hair. just in this topic you told Whittney "what were you thinking", thats a real confidance booster to a person that did a dramatic hair cut. Grow up and stop being such a jerk and people may stop making fun of you.
Oh, what a hero... coming to the defense of a damsel in distress -- except Whittney wasn't in distress! It's interesting that Whittney handled my comments better than you did. I'm not a liar. I'm not going to say I like something when I don't. You said it: We live in a free country. But apparently I can only say what makes you happy? I'm not here to build confidence. I said what I had to say and if that makes me a jerk, feel free to crucify me, per usual. And I truly appreciate the fact that Whittney answered my question in a logical, mature fashion.

Long hair rocks. I'm not concerned about being predictable -- or popular! .I'll not waiver despite your pouting act, Shorty. I've not complained about people making "fun" of me. We are diametrically opposed on our hair views. I'm getting a little tired of having to defend myself every time you go on a tirade.

How about this suggestion: If you have something to say, say it about hair!

Speaking of preditable, here is my next prediction: A third party will now speak up and tall both of us to calm down. Bla, bla bla...
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 12:07am
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 1:43am
I don't think my hair is a bad change, nor do I think it's an improvement. I think it's just different. If Gord doesn't like my hair now because it's short, that's fine. If shorthair75 likes my hair better now because it's short, that's fine. All that matters to me is that I like my hair, and I love it. That's part of why I cut my hair in the first place....because I needed to prove to myself that it's just that---hair---and not a vital organ or anything. My hair is just a small facet of who I am...and I feel great about my choice.

*playing Third Party* Now, let's all calm down here, no need to argue...make love, not war kids!
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 3:05am
Good for you Whitney. You have your priorities straight and I'm glad you like your new haircut. I like it too! You look wonderful!
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 12:10pm
You look wonderful Whitney. Don't let negative people who have long hair fetishes discourage you from wearing your hair how you like. You look great and very feminine in your hairdo.

Shorthair75:
You must be one of the few left here on these boards who actually reads what Gord writes. The rest of us know what Gord is going to write even before we read it.
Boring and redundant barely begin to describe Gord's writings.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 4:09pm

Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

Oh, what a hero... coming to the defense of a damsel in distress -- except Whittney wasn't in distress! It's interesting that Whittney handled my comments better than you did. I'm not a liar. I'm not going to say I like something when I don't. You said it: We live in a free country. But apparently I can only say what makes you happy? I'm not here to build confidence. I said what I had to say and if that makes me a jerk, feel free to crucify me, per usual. And I truly appreciate the fact that Whittney answered my question in a logical, mature fashion.

Long hair rocks. I'm not concerned about being predictable -- or popular! .I'll not waiver despite your pouting act, Shorty. I've not complained about people making "fun" of me. We are diametrically opposed on our hair views. I'm getting a little tired of having to defend myself every time you go on a tirade.

How about this suggestion: If you have something to say, say it about hair!

Speaking of preditable, here is my next prediction: A third party will now speak up and tall both of us to calm down. Bla, bla bla...

Gord.. I, as much as anyone, enjoy jumping on your case and slamming you as often as possible for your opinion on celeb's hair.. but in this case we're talking about a real person.. one of us.. so "I" think in such a case, though you are welcome to your opinion, it should falling under the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule... don't you? Maybe your comments didn't hurt her feeling but they could have and I don't think you're that kind of guy... are you?
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 6:43pm
You know, Hal, you're right. You know where my preference lies, but Whitney, you're a foxy woman, with or without long hair.

Oddly, Hal, I'm one of you but that never stops anyone from taking shots! : )

And Brent, I love you , too.
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 7:56pm
Thanks, Gord---I feel so loved by you all!

And who would've thought that lil ol' me and my lil ol' hair would spark such a thread...LOL
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 7:17am

You know, Hal, you're right. You know where my preference lies, but Whitney, you're a foxy woman, with or without long hair.

Oddly, Hal, I'm one of you but that never stops anyone from taking shots! : )

And Brent, I love you , too.

You right Gord.. you are one of us... But you're alsoGord.. roughly translated as "the one shot at"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic