Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 5:38pm
Bob, first of all, you have no idea if I have seen a Crystal show or not. And I never said that people don't go see her because of her long hair.

With that said, maybe the long hair got her attention 30 years ago when she started out, but she hasn't had a hit since Reagan was President, and her hair length has nothing to do with record sales, or lack thereof. She is a very nice singer, quite unremarkable, except for her long hair. One pretty voice out of hundreds, no more, no less.

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

You have never seen a Crystal show if you think that no one comes to see her with her Rapunzel hair. She is 53 now, but she still wows men, myself included! (lol)
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 5:52pm
Ok Bob.... let me see if I understand this right? You pay 50, 80 100 bucks to she crystal gales hair from several hundred feet away.... if this is true.. you are worse off than I thought... you are WAY worse off than my ole buddy Gord!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 7:57pm
Agreed Hal!

Makes me(with my little short hair fetish) look downright saintly!

My two cents.
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2004 at 8:13pm
The way I see it:

Alanis: Better singer
Crystal: Way better hair
drummerdude View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2004 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Just a note to other artists (Amy Lee, Gretchen Wilson, Sarah Brightman, etc.) : Pay no attention to whining gossip columnists who berate your trademark manes; beautiful long hair sells- big time! It takes too long to bring it back once it's gone. Bob

I would hope more people enjoy music for just that, MUSIC!

Yes Amy Lee is gorgeous, (and so is her hair) she sounds fantastic in the studio, (thanks to Pro Tools) However, she is a bit lacking as far as concerts go, I haven't read very many positive reviews about her performances. What I have seen on eMpTV as well as other awards shows I agree. With the departure of her songwriting partner Ben Moody, the future of Evanescence is very unclear. She can look absolutely angelic with that long hair, if the music stinks on the next Eva release her looks won't save her career one bit.

Another long haired beauty in a solid band, with great songwriting would be Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil. Lacuna owns Eva in regards to music and live performance. LC has been unfairly compared to Eva since the "Bring Me To Life single. LC features a male vocalist in most of their songs that's the reasoning for the ridiculous comparison. Cristina is beautiful and she has the talent to back it up. Live she is an amazing and entertaining singer.

I choose my music on the merits of musicianship, songwriting and live performance. Looks are secondary as they should be with any true music fan.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2004 at 8:32am
Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil. I love that band also.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
drummerdude View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2004 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil. I love that band also.

Cool! I'm glad they are getting the recognition they deserve.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 6:52pm
Candia from Inkubus Sukkubus :P
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic