Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natalie Portman will be shaved for a role!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 4:37pm
I've seen fake balds of her and they looked good on her and you knew they were fake. So if the fakes look good on her then so will the real thing. I for one can't wait to see how sexy she will look bald, also for all us who may think she looks good bald enjoy as much as you can because chances are she will grow it out shortly after filming raps up, which BTW I read in the Detroit News that the movie is execeted to be released on November 25, 2005, which seems quick compared to some movies that take a long time to be released in theaters. We should just be happy that Natalie wants to shave her head and not being forced to, and at her age she can pull of being bald just fine, she is after all very sexy and not just her hair, I think some people are being to judgemental!!
nnewbie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 6:14pm
Where did you see those fake pictures of Natalie being bald?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 6:31pm
Natalie's hair length is extensions, BTW! In Holocaust movies, I suppose shaving is a necessity for women in portraying the reality of the horror. But, I remember Jane Seymour wore a fake cap in lieu of shaving. In general, I think it's pointless in this age of digitalization for a main character to be shorn.
Bai Ling's was the most senseless shearing ever. She had the most gorgeous hair near her knees! The cutting was off camera, and she only appeared briefly with a bald head in scenes afterward. Bob
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 6:45pm
Bob,

You have a point about wigs, aside form Jane Seymour, there was Meryl Streep in Sophie's Choice, and excellent wig. She didn't want to cut her hair for the half dozen scenes of her in the concentration camp.

However, to say that a shearing is "pointless" I believe is not correct. Without knowing the actress, motivations, and background, I think it is not correct to give a blanket catagorization to something that is not to your personal taste. It would be like me saying why does any woman ever have long hair when there are such great wigs and natural looking extensions out there.

Also, as stated before, maybe the actress wants to do the cut! I believe that Demi Moore wanted to cut her hair in GI Jane, but I feel that was pointless, and just a way to get more publicity for the film!

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Natalie's hair length is extensions, BTW! In Holocaust movies, I suppose shaving is a necessity for women in portraying the reality of the horror. But, I remember Jane Seymour wore a fake cap in lieu of shaving. In general, I think it's pointless in this age of digitalization for a main character to be shorn.
Bai Ling's was the most senseless shearing ever. She had the most gorgeous hair near her knees! The cutting was off camera, and she only appeared briefly with a bald head in scenes afterward. Bob
themakeupgallery View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themakeupgallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 2:58am
To misquote: there are lies, damned lies, statistics, political spin doctoring and movie publicity.

An actress SAYS she's excited about shaving her head (or the movie) - I mean she'd hardly be likely to say I need the money and it's the only role on offer (Not I hasten to add that I am suggesting that's Natalie's position). Come on these are people who are paid to say other people's words as if they meant them.

Equally no producer is going to say she really didn't want to but we bullied her into it (very different to admitting she was unsure about at first it but she bought into the director's vision).

I mean do we really believe that oft stated: "Oh I did all my own stunts" - as if the insurance company holding the completion bond would let them even if they could and would like to.

Maybe she does find the role an exciting challenge worth the sacrifice. Maybe she's fancied a bald look and been unable to try it because of movie roles. I don't know - what I do know is that most such cases have been either gratuitous, or desparate attempts to kick start a career or revive a flagging one (Demi Moore). Whatever very few actresses have found it bumped them from the B list to the A list.

Jeff
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 11:35am
Maybe she does find the role an exciting challenge worth the sacrifice. Maybe she's fancied a bald look and been unable to try it because of movie roles. I don't know - what I do know is that most such cases have been either gratuitous, or desparate attempts to kick start a career or revive a flagging one (Demi Moore). Whatever very few actresses have found it bumped them from the B list to the A list.

In Moores case I think it was the 12 milion per pic she was getting. I know Striptese it was 12 for that. GI Jane I'm not sure how much she was getting for that one. We didn't see her back on screen untill CA2. Not sure how much she was payied for that.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
themakeupgallery View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themakeupgallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 11:59am
On Demi I guess I'm biased: I don't think her acting was worth a crust (never mind 12m) in any of her movies.

But my impression was that her movies were already bombing before GI Jane and the 12m offers were probably getting harder to come by.

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic