Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

caught in machine..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LaDonna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaDonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: caught in machine..
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
I work in a toy factory, and was working at the label machine. It's a table-sized machine, that has rollers like a wringer washing machine. You stick the labels in, and these are like 2x3 ft labels, and as it is pulled through the rollers, the back side is coated with glue and then we pick it up and put it on a box. Well, we kept hearing a funny noise, and everyone was putting their ear to our machine to see if it was the source. I thought I'd do the same, but it didn't dawn on me that they all had short hair, and were in no danger of being eaten alive:-) When I leaned down to listen, the rollers grabbed the tips of my hair, and very quickly pulled me down so my head cracked the plexiglass shield that was supposed to protect dummies like me from things like that:-) Luckily someone knew where the off switch was, so I wasn't injured...however, I was trapped there, bent over the machine for what seemed like an eternity, while the maintenance men took the machine apart to get me out, and when I finally did get out, one side of my head was COATED with glue and standing straight up:-) Luckily (again!) it was water soluable glue, so it wasn't too hard to wash out. At the time, I was terrified/embarassed/humiliated....but now, I don't have any trouble laughing about it:-))
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
> I had a similar experience. My dad made a pea sheller for my grandmother. It's like a wringer washer (two roller turning into each other) and my hair got sucked in between the rollers. My dad quickly grabbed my hair and it squished his fingers before he could reach the off switch. Luckily he wasn't seriously hurt and neither was I. But it sure scared the both of us. Lucky for me I'm a daddy's girl.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic