Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair "label"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long hair "label"
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
I recently attended a conference. I am fairly new in my office, and I thought that this would be a great way to make a good impression. I wore my hair pulled up in the front, and down in the back. (I have long hair) They had these dorky name stickers for everyone to put on, so I wore mine on my jacket. I looked down a while later and the sticker was gone. I just figured it fell off, and I wasn't too concerned because I didn't want to wear it anyhow.I got home and went to jump in the shower, and the sticker was hanging off my hair! My hair must have brushed against the sticker and peeled it off my jacket. I must have walked around that entire conference looking like an idiot--and not one person said anything to me!PS--I also wore a long ankle-length skirt that was black with cream colored flowers. It seemed like a thick enough skirt, so I didn't even bother with a slip. When I got home, my husband exclaimed, "You didn't wear that today, did you?" Unbeknownst to me, you could see RIGHT THROUGH my skirt--and there were my plaid underwear, showing as plain as day. The only thing I can figure, the fabric became more transparent as it warmed up (from my body heat.)2 lessons I learned that day--always check my hair for name labels that have migrated off my jacket, and always wear a slip!!
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
Oh my,How awful for you. I absolutely HATE those dorky stickers and have had to wear them in lots of conferences. YUCK. Sorry to hear of your hair experience. But it is a great blooper. :-)Thank you so much for sharing this.Karen> I recently attended a conference. I am fairly new in> my office, and I thought that this would be a great> way to make a good impression. I wore my hair pulled> up in the front, and down in the back. (I have long> hair) They had these dorky name stickers for everyone> to put on, so I wore mine on my jacket. I looked down> a while later and the sticker was gone. I just figured> it fell off, and I wasn't too concerned because I> didn't want to wear it anyhow.> I got home and went to jump in the shower, and the> sticker was hanging off my hair! My hair must have> brushed against the sticker and peeled it off my> jacket. I must have walked around that entire> conference looking like an idiot--and not one person> said anything to me!> PS--I also wore a long ankle-length skirt that was> black with cream colored flowers. It seemed like a> thick enough skirt, so I didn't even bother with a> slip. When I got home, my husband exclaimed, "You> didn't wear that today, did you?" Unbeknownst to> me, you could see RIGHT THROUGH my skirt--and there> were my plaid underwear, showing as plain as day. The> only thing I can figure, the fabric became more> transparent as it warmed up (from my body heat.)> 2 lessons I learned that day--always check my hair for> name labels that have migrated off my jacket, and> always wear a slip!!
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Victor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
I thought your story was going to be something else: how you got the label of being the local long haired person. Anyway, that reminded me of something that happened to me. It's not exactly a blooper, but it is humorous.I was scheduled to go to a business meeting at a restaurant. The traffic through town caused me to be late, and so when I entered the restaurant, I was not surprised to notice that nobody in the meeting was in the waiting room. I glanced back into the restaurant to see if I could see my party. I did not. Just then the hostess walked up to me and asked me to follow her to my table. I had not uttered a word. It turns out, the hostess had been told to expect someone who looks like Jesus.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic