Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lifeguard hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
claudia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claudia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lifeguard hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
I have two crazy hair stories. The first one was when I was in high school. My friends and I envied the golden sparkly shimmers that the lifeguards at the local pool had. I had a friend lifeguarding there and she told me they put clorine in a cup, added water and brushed it through their hair. She gave us some and while lying out sunbathing we decided to try it. We brushed it through and then laid out. Then one of us noticed where it had dripped on out beach towels were big holes! It had eaten through the fabric! We started screaming hysterically and got the hose and started rinsing. Believe it or not, it didn't burn up our hair. I actually got the golden glints, but it was very pourous and limp. Whenever we would go to a beautician they would comment on how damaged our hair was, but we were too embarrassed to tell what we had done. The other hair experience was when I took my son for his first preschool experience. I was holding him and when I put him down he grabbed my long hair at the base of my neck and would not let go. I was completely bent over and couldn't straighten up. He was terrified and held me there for quite some time with me pleading to let go. The other mothers and preschool were watching us like we were nuts.
cay
Toote View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
> I have two crazy hair stories. The first one was when> I was in high school. My friends and I envied the> golden sparkly shimmers that the lifeguards at the> local pool had. I had a friend lifeguarding there and> she told me they put clorine in a cup, added water and> brushed it through their hair. She gave us some and> while lying out sunbathing we decided to try it. We> brushed it through and then laid out. Then one of us> noticed where it had dripped on out beach towels were> big holes! It had eaten through the fabric! We started> screaming hysterically and got the hose and started> rinsing. Believe it or not, it didn't burn up our> hair. I actually got the golden glints, but it was> very pourous and limp. Whenever we would go to a> beautician they would comment on how damaged our hair> was, but we were too embarrassed to tell what we had> done. The other hair experience was when I took my son> for his first preschool experience. I was holding him> and when I put him down he grabbed my long hair at the> base of my neck and would not let go. I was completely> bent over and couldn't straighten up. He was terrified> and held me there for quite some time with me pleading> to let go. The other mothers and preschool were> watching us like we were nuts.Funny and embarassing too. Ive been there too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic