Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5 Boxes later (in a 2 week span) Finally the colour I wanted!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5 Boxes later (in a 2 week span) Finally the colour I wanted!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 Boxes later (in a 2 week span) Finally the colour I wanted!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
I am naturally brunette with red tones. I was going for the dirty blonde look. Well at first I went one shade lighter than I usually went and my hair went a darker brown. I thought maybe the wrong stuff was in this box. So, I called my friend and she suggested we go with a colour with no brassiness. Then my hair looked Orangy. So we decided to strip all the colour out and start over. We used Blondissm stripper. My roots were white about 2 inches and the rest(just past the shoulders) was bright orange(after 1hr. 45 mins.). Looked rather cool I thought but not publicly. So once more we put a medium blonde on my head. Well, let me tell you at this point my head felt like it was on fire. The colour came out really pretty but light light blonde and way too blonde for me with my dark eyebrows. Now it has been a week and I coloured again a medium blonde and it is exactly what i wanted. In this last week I have conditioned my hair to death and don`t even know how I have any hair left after what I have put it through. MY QUESTION IS: Is my hair still liable to fall out after all the abuse I have put it though?? I condition with a salon conditioner + shampoo from a beauty supply store in my area. It is a little dry but not too bad. I leave the conditioner in over night and rinse and recondition in the morning also adding leave in conditioner through the day. Does anyone know if it was going to all fall out would it have happened by now??? Really appreciate any help. I really love this honey blonde colour I have acheived at this point. Thanks~Carol
Jami View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
>OK sounds like u used a semi permanant hair color to begin , with low vol peroxide and no amonia but even if yours wasnt this it woulldnt have lifted any where near enough. Color will not lift color, ok that was all a waste of time, the bleaching did lift it as u well know, but the problem is the heat from your scalp excelerated the bleaching process there, which is why it turned white near the scalp, yet only lifted to orange on the shaft and ends. Now that u have the color u want, good luck matching it! I dont belive u want to go thru all this precess every time! Your hair has been damaged and you need to start protein treetments. Nexxus has a product called Emergencee, or Redken has CAT, I would suggest making an appointment with a hair dresser for a deep conditioning treatment, or just go in and talk to them and explain your situation<{we dont bite}you will need to moisturize after the protein treatment to smooth the cuticle layer down and soften the hair.What you have done to you hair is what we call a double process hair color , which means more or less u bleached it and then u toned it.{not counting the other 3 boxes} This is not something even a hair dresser would do to her own hair. If you like being a blonde, then I would strongly urge u to get it done professionally, if you want your hair to stay on your head. After paying for 4 boxes of hair color, and all the mental anguish u must have experienced, Im sure you would have gone and spent the 75 dollars or what ever just to have gotten what you wanted, and not had to walk around with a haircolor disaster on you head for 2 weeks. Now u know why we get paid the big bucks for color corresction! I wish u luck ~Jami
Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> I am naturally brunette with red tones. I was going> for the dirty blonde look. Well at first I went one> shade lighter than I usually went and my hair went a> darker brown. I thought maybe the wrong stuff was in> this box. So, I called my friend and she suggested we> go with a colour with no brassiness. Then my hair> looked Orangy. So we decided to strip all the colour> out and start over. We used Blondissm stripper. My> roots were white about 2 inches and the rest(just past> the shoulders) was bright orange(after 1hr. 45 mins.).> Looked rather cool I thought but not publicly. So once> more we put a medium blonde on my head. Well, let me> tell you at this point my head felt like it was on> fire. The colour came out really pretty but light> light blonde and way too blonde for me with my dark> eyebrows. Now it has been a week and I coloured again> a medium blonde and it is exactly what i wanted. In> this last week I have conditioned my hair to death and> don`t even know how I have any hair left after what I> have put it through. MY QUESTION IS: Is my hair still> liable to fall out after all the abuse I have put it> though?? I condition with a salon conditioner +> shampoo from a beauty supply store in my area. It is a> little dry but not too bad. I leave the conditioner in> over night and rinse and recondition in the morning> also adding leave in conditioner through the day. Does> anyone know if it was going to all fall out would it> have happened by now??? Really appreciate any help. I> really love this honey blonde colour I have acheived> at this point. Thanks~CarolBetter start looking for a wig
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic