Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Re: Hair Bonding Glue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: Hair Bonding Glue
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the> bonding glue on my human hair extensions as well as my> own natural hair,without having to go back to tha> salon? Your time and help are appreciated. Thanks.Yes, go to a wig salon that sells hair extentions. They will have the glue and the remover. The remover is not expensive. Ask the employee at the store for the best way to apply the remover.
T
d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the bonding glue on my human hair extensions as well as my own natural hair,without having to go back to tha salon? Your time and help are appreciated. Thanks.
Coco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the> bonding glue on my human hair extensions as well as my> own natural hair,without having to go back to tha> salon? Your time and help are appreciated. Thanks.Use oil sheen. Just spray it on the track and it will come straight out.
Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the> bonding glue on my human hair extensions as well as my> own natural hair,without having to go back to tha> salon? Your time and help are appreciated. Thanks.I used mayonnaise on my extensions. I put it in and let it sit about 20-30 mins.Washing it out took about 3 shampoos but my hair felt great and was very healthy.
The present is the past tomorrow. :)
Denitarae View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denitarae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 11:19pm
Does anyone know how to remove the fushion weave from your hair. Do I remove it like regular hair glue?
Dnitarae View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnitarae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Kelly Kelly wrote:

> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the> bonding glue on my human hair extensions as well as my> own natural hair,without having to go back to tha> salon? Your time and help are appreciated. Thanks.I used mayonnaise on my extensions. I put it in and let it sit about 20-30 mins.Washing it out took about 3 shampoos but my hair felt great and was very healthy.
I use either olive oil or just hair sheen spray...the glue usually slips out then I just comb the rest out.....also comb it out while your washing it..
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 3:51pm
Anything oily will help break down latex glue. Most bonding glues have remover that you can buy for that brand/product. If its latex just soak your hair in oil and work the oil into the bonds with your fingertips, let it soak awile and comb out the residue gently...dont pull. Shampoo and repeat. Sometimes it takes a few times to get it all out. I have let the oil soak for a few hours before to get it all out.

Fusion now is another story. If its fusion bonds then you need a remover for that and a pair of pliers. Most fusion removers are an acetone base, I just buy professional acetone for a few bucks at the beauty supply store. You apply a little remover to the bond then crunch it with pliers, it should crumble. Sometimes you have to repeat the process a few times but the extension should slide off the hair, if it pulls then add more remover and crunch again.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 3:43pm
oil takes too long and feel funky :p

just go to sallys and get latex bond remover, its a liquidy type lotion thingie (lol @ technical terms) and you just dump it on your head, massage into the bonds, watch an episode of southpark, and slowly peel out. then comb your hair for the remaining glue bits, and wash.

you also dont have to wash 2 dozen times like oil.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic