Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I would like to color my highlighted hair at home
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I would like to color my highlighted hair at home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lu View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I would like to color my highlighted hair at home
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
My natural color is light brown with red-blonde highlights. I had golden blonde highlights added 6 weeks ago in a salon, so I do have some roots. I would like to try coloring my hair at home -- either white-blonde or strawberry blonde. I have green eyes and fair skin with freckles and pink undertones. Since my skin has pink undertones, I am afraid of getting too much yellow in my hair, but I do not want a color that will wash me out either. What would be the best color, brand, and type of product to use to change my light brown, highlighted hair to a natural looking white-blond or strawberry blonde? Also, how do I lighten my eyebrows a little to match the new color?
Jami View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> My natural color is light brown with red-blonde> highlights. I had golden blonde highlights added 6> weeks ago in a salon, so I do have some roots. I would> like to try coloring my hair at home -- either> white-blonde or strawberry blonde. I have green eyes> and fair skin with freckles and pink undertones. Since> my skin has pink undertones, I am afraid of getting> too much yellow in my hair, but I do not want a color> that will wash me out either. What would be the best> color, brand, and type of product to use to change my> light brown, highlighted hair to a natural looking> white-blond or strawberry blonde? Also, how do I> lighten my eyebrows a little to match the new color?
Jami View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
> My natural color is light brown with red-blonde> highlights. I had golden blonde highlights added 6> weeks ago in a salon, so I do have some roots. I would> like to try coloring my hair at home -- either> white-blonde or strawberry blonde. I have green eyes> and fair skin with freckles and pink undertones. Since> my skin has pink undertones, I am afraid of getting> too much yellow in my hair, but I do not want a color> that will wash me out either. What would be the best> color, brand, and type of product to use to change my> light brown, highlighted hair to a natural looking> white-blond or strawberry blonde? Also, how do I> lighten my eyebrows a little to match the new color?to lift it that much you will have to use a high lift product you cant apply it to the roots at first as the heat makes it process faster or the ends because of the same thing , also because your hilites have already been lifted if u take the other hair up that light it will lighten too and probably break off. Id suggest having it done by somone who knows what they are doing, then perhaps u can touch the roots after, it would be worth the money . As for your eyebrow they should never be as light as your hair, they are a frame for your eyes and, to have them as light looks "odd" Even true blondes pencil in their eyebrows.
Margie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
My advice....go to a good salon. It sounds like you need someone else in charge of your hair. Trust me. I used to do my own hair but after a hair tragedy I intrusted a proffesional.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic