Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Round brushes are lethal!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round brushes are lethal!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
About 4 months ago I decided to buy a round, fine-toothed brush. I had never used one before but my stylist suggested I get one to help curl the ends of my hair as I blow dry it. Well, one night after getting out of the shower I put heat activated styling mist in my hair, then started rolling the brush into my hair as I was drying it. Everything was going well until I rolled the brush into my bangs. I don't have short bangs...as a matter of fact, my "bangs" are almost as long as my shoulder-length hair. As I was trying to pull it along I felt a sharp tug, followed by a loud scream (which I later realized was mine). I pulled a little harder, but only more pain followed. I turned the hair dryer off and looked in the mirror with disbelief...the brush was not just stuck in my hair, it was practically glued in my hair! The heat-activated styling mist superglued my hair to the brush. I tried not to panick, and attempted to rewash my bangs to help get the "glue" out. But it was still stuck. I mean, this brush was literally hanging from my forehead! I called my fiance and he rushed home. By the time he got here I was crying, and utterly convinced that I was going to have to walk around with a brush in my hair because there was NO WAY I was going to let someone chop them off. Holding back his laughter he spent half an hour slowly freeing a few strands of hair at a time, until FINALLY the brush came out. I have never used the brush since. So let this be a lesson to all those who have never used a round brush before...BE CAREFUL, ROUND BRUSHES CAN BE LETHAL...especially when mixed with heat-activated super glue!
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
>>>>> LETHAL...especially when mixed with heat-activated> super glue!I am sorry but is it okay that I now laugh with you about this? I can actually imagine this in my head and if I would have been there I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing .Poor you . Yes those brushes should be banned. I been in trouble with one. I remember having the brainy idea of rolling my hair around the brush and it was hell to get the brush out. Another time my son and my nephew did a number on me with the brush. Same concept.
Jenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
The ARE lethal... when I was much younger, my hair was more than a foot shorter-- about mid-back or so. When we visited family, my cousins (who all had chin-length hair) used to love playing with it. Well, one of them somehow got ahold of a round brush and immediately twisted my hair in it up to the scalp. Try 45 minutes of patient, strand by strand work to get it free.
~~~~Jenny~~~~~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic