Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good thing I had NEW Growth or BALD I Would've Been
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good thing I had NEW Growth or BALD I Would've Been

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Colleen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good thing I had NEW Growth or BALD I Would've Been
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
Last year about this time (I shiver with this horrible memory!) I had professional highlights put in. Well that doesn't seem so bad until I got a hair up my butt to put a store bought relaxer in my hair. You see I have wavy, frizzy hair that I can't stand and once a year I put a relaxer in it. What I didn't realize is that highlighting your hair weakens each strand (duh!). I, the genius I am, put the relaxer in 2 weeks later and as I was rinsing it out my shoulder length hair was going down the drain! I thought I was having a nightmare! Oh my! I continued to wash and condition as if nothing was wrong! I even started to blowdry! They most horrific part was that as I was blow drying the hair was melting like plastic under heat! Imagine burning baby dolls hair with a lighter! It was horrible! I rushed down to my roommate and said "Tammy don't laugh, but my hair is breaking off at the root!" She was a good friend.. We rushed to the salon..I laughed and cried at the same time..I was light headed (literally). So, my ending is this, they told me that I could let conditioner sit on my hair and never comb it because it would break off or cut it! Hummm....what did I do? I cut it of course... I had this cute Jada Pinkett hairdo! It is growing out now thank God! Belive me, I learned my lesson! Never again will I mess with Chemicals again!
Jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:10pm
You poor thing, I truly sympathize.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic