Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HENNA DISASTER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HENNA DISASTER
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:10pm
I had dyed my blond hair red, but the color was uneven and it faded to a wierd orange color. So, taking the advice of a friend, I used red henna to "spice up" my color back to red. HUGE MISTAKE. The henna reacted with the previous dye, and my hair turned crossing-guard orange! It was almost neon, I swear. It was also very dry. So I went to a salon, but they couldn't dye it because the henna would react with the dye again. They had to use a brown henna over it, to tone it down. And believe me, henna is gross to apply, and smells awful. I'm still recovering....
April Given View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote April Given Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:10pm
I was dying my hair the other day and I realized that my 50$ hair dye was turning my hair from blonde to bright pink. it was supposed to turn out orangeish red. I cant believe it did that! My friends Daniella and Cheryl were laughing alot at me. I have to go to school in 2 weeks and I have a choice since I cant dye it again (My mother is super strict and won't let me.)I can Either Keep it the same or shave it off. I decided to shave it off. What do you think about my descision?Email me today.
JT View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
You have quite a decision there. I think shaving it is definitely the better choice. It's a very striking look with the right facial features, and it shows you taking a proactive step in response to your mishap.Hope you like the result.
Khetienn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khetienn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2001 at 2:39am
Well, personally I`d keep the pink (even though I`m a guy I wouldn`t shave it all off), the colour should fade (if it`s anything like mine do) and you should be able to convince your mum to let you fix it.
OnlyME15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyME15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2002 at 3:41pm
been there, done that, solution: never use henna againg!!
a life without hair is no life at all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic