Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Catastrophe!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Megan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Catastrophe!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
I have semi-long golden blonde hair and decided to let my mom try and cut it. It turned out un-even and ugly! My mom, on the other hand, thought it looked "cute". I could die! Anyway, I am trying to decide whether or not to go to a salon and have them fix it. It would really really hurt my mom's feelings if she found out. So its my mom's feelings or my hair. Advice, anyone? Thanks!
SYLVIE BARKER View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLVIE BARKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
>MY NAME IS SYLVIE,I THINK I HAVE A WAY TO FIX YOUR PROBLEM.>I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU LET YOUR OWN MOM CUT YOUR HAIR!I WOULD NEVER LET MINE.I ALWAYS GO TO THE HAIRDRESSERS.>I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST SORT OF KEEP BRINGING THE SUBJECTUP SUDDELY. EX. "MOM, DON'T YOU THINK HALF MY HAIR LOOKSA BIT LONGER ON ONE SIDE?">KEEP SAYING STUFF LIKE THAT . MAYBE SHE'LL GET THE HINT ANDTAKE YOU TO THE HAIRDRESSERS HERSELF.TO MAKE SURE HER FEELINGS AREN'T HURT,YOU COULD SAY SOMETHING LIKE,"YOU DID A GOOD JOB ON MY HAIR FOR AN UNPROFESSIANAL MOM, AND IT WILL LOOK EVEN BETTER WHEN IT GETS FIXED UP A BIT.">IF YOUR HAIR IS STILL LONG ENOUGH I SUGGEST YOU WEAR IT UPUNTILL IT GETS FIXED.REMEMBER,HAIR GROES!>GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MOM!(AND YOUR HAIR)
SYLVIE BARKER View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLVIE BARKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
> I WOULD NEVER LET MINE.I ALWAYS GO TO THE> HAIRDRESSERS.> UP SUDDELY. EX. "MOM, DON'T YOU THINK HALF MY> HAIR LOOKS> A BIT LONGER ON ONE SIDE?"> TAKE YOU TO THE HAIRDRESSERS HERSELF.TO MAKE SURE HER> FEELINGS AREN'T HURT,YOU COULD SAY SOMETHING> LIKE,"YOU DID A GOOD JOB ON MY HAIR FOR AN> UNPROFESSIANAL MOM, AND IT WILL LOOK EVEN BETTER WHEN> IT GETS FIXED UP A BIT."> UNTILL IT GETS FIXED.REMEMBER,HAIR GROES!
Erika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
Why don't you go to the salon "for another service," like having your hair set before an outing or a function (get together with your friends to invent one if you have to) and just ask the hairdresser to make some minor improvements (make sure they're minor) during the same visit. (If you can't think of a specific event, you may just want to plan a "girl's day out" that includes a makeover.) That should help it look better for now. Then, after about two weeks, you can decide that it's time for another trim and go to the salon for a professional haircut before your mom can even think about trying it herself again. Another alternative is to take a shopping trip either alone or with your friends and come home with something like the Klutz braid book, and spending two or three weeks trying to perfect a new braid before you go in for a normal trim. You can then gradually phase out the braiding if you don't like it. I hope this helped.Erika> I have semi-long golden blonde hair and decided to let> my mom try and cut it. It turned out un-even and ugly!> My mom, on the other hand, thought it looked> "cute". I could die! Anyway, I am trying to> decide whether or not to go to a salon and have them> fix it. It would really really hurt my mom's feelings> if she found out. So its my mom's feelings or my hair.> Advice, anyone? Thanks!
Erika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
P.S. If you take the like the first option that I offered, make sure that you *do* actually go somewhere, so you won't hurt your mom's feelings.> Why don't you go to the salon "for another> service," like having your hair set before an> outing or a function (get together with your friends> to invent one if you have to) and just ask the> hairdresser to make some minor improvements (make sure> they're minor) during the same visit. (If you can't> think of a specific event, you may just want to plan a> "girl's day out" that includes a makeover.)> That should help it look better for now. Then, after> about two weeks, you can decide that it's time for> another trim and go to the salon for a professional> haircut before your mom can even think about trying it> herself again. Another alternative is to take a> shopping trip either alone or with your friends and> come home with something like the Klutz braid book,> and spending two or three weeks trying to perfect a> new braid before you go in for a normal trim. You can> then gradually phase out the braiding if you don't> like it. I hope this helped.> Erika
Jo Ann View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
Sounds like a problem, but mom should understand. Go get it fixed by a stylist.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic