Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

purplish-grey streaked hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: purplish-grey streaked hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
I just recently tried to dye my bleached blonde hair back to its original light brown color using a light ash brown color and it turned out HORRIBLE. It is now light brown with purplish-grey streaks where my lightest pieces were. What to do, I'm a young mother of two, not a gothic freak!!
Kathleen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
> I just recently tried to dye my bleached blonde hair> back to its original light brown color using a light> ash brown color and it turned out HORRIBLE. It is now> light brown with purplish-grey streaks where my> lightest pieces were. What to do, I'm a young mother> of two, not a gothic freak!!you need to add a red base filler then put a ash brown over it, but i would not recommend that you do this with over the counter color. I have never seen this come out right yet. I have fixed alot of people's hair that have done the same thing. Go to a salon.
Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
I know how you feel...I was dared to dye my hair blonde(my original color dark dark brown almost black) and after a while i wanted my hair back....so i used Fiera and tryed to dye it back to my original and it turned completely grape purple...there wasn't a thing that i could do so i just had to wait 2 weeks for it to fade out to a plum color...and then eventually it went away and turned a real nasty red and i could dye it again. I will tell you though you really will get tired of telling people it wasn't supposed to be purple...=Þ I must have said it was an accident 50 thousand times..hehe....best of luck!Amanda
COUNT DOWN TO WEDDING
7 wks left
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
you need to add a red base filler then put a ash brown> over it, but i would not recommend that you do this> with over the counter color. I have never seen this> come out right yet. I have fixed alot of people's hair> that have done the same thing. Go to a salon.i agree you need to go to salon and have it fixed right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic