Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

guy or girl?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pacwoman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: guy or girl?!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
this is related to my short hair cut. as short as sharon stone's (at its shortest.) Great cut, but.....I am also small breasted. I guess I can pass for a man from afar away if I am dressed in unisex clothes. I think I got someody mixed up here....Went to Sports Authority, a sporting goods chain store. Picked some sports bras to try on. Went to the dressing room. (note, had on a t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and a brimmed visor, plus sunglasses.) Before I fully shut the dressing room door a guy that works at the store comes running ( i mean running) over to the dressing room attendant. He says something like 'male or female'. she said 'female.' then he disappears. (my husband who was waiting a few isles away later said this guy came flying from a inside doorway...then ran back to the same doorway moments later.)when in that dressing room I noticed what looked like a obviously missing a/c vent in the ceiling, just above the dressing bench. there was a black lense looking circle thingy in the upper/middle of that open vent.I am fairly sure I was being watched for shoplifting! I am guessing they have a man and a woman 'peeping' in the dressing rooms for potential shoplifters. Since my hair was so short, plus other things, they did not know if I was a guy or girl...and had to ask the dressing room attendent before peeping!!LOL. I have never shopped there since.
bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
> this is related to my short hair cut. as short as> sharon stone's (at its shortest.) Great cut, but.....> I am also small breasted. I guess I can pass for a man> from afar away if I am dressed in unisex clothes. I> think I got someody mixed up here....> Went to Sports Authority, a sporting goods chain> store. Picked some sports bras to try on. Went to the> dressing room. (note, had on a t-shirt, shorts, tennis> shoes and a brimmed visor, plus sunglasses.) Before I> fully shut the dressing room door a guy that works at> the store comes running ( i mean running) over to the> dressing room attendant. He says something like 'male> or female'. she said 'female.' then he disappears. (my> husband who was waiting a few isles away later said> this guy came flying from a inside doorway...then ran> back to the same doorway moments later.)> when in that dressing room I noticed what looked like> a obviously missing a/c vent in the ceiling, just> above the dressing bench. there was a black lense> looking circle thingy in the upper/middle of that open> vent.> I am fairly sure I was being watched for shoplifting!> I am guessing they have a man and a woman 'peeping' in> the dressing rooms for potential shoplifters. Since my> hair was so short, plus other things, they did not> know if I was a guy or girl...and had to ask the> dressing room attendent before peeping!!LOL. I have> never shopped there since.I enjoyed your story Pacwoman. Yours is understandably of a serious nature, mine is more of a fun experience.I am an older guy, mid fifties and have longish silver grey hair. I do not keep it as neat as I should, it is somewhat curly and wavey and it would appear to others from behind that I may be an older woman in need of a trip to the salon.That combined with soft facial features and the fact that I always wear my shirt tail hanging out has led to more than one instance of me being addressed as maam by clerks or waiters. This does not bother me in the least and often leads to interesting and sometimes clumsy apologies at which I cannot help but smile. My wife has been known to giggle openly when this happens. I have to admit that this is fun for me.And no, at 57 I am not going to cut my hair.I may just grow that ponytail I never had in my youth :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic