Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Dye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jdf1363 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdf1363 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Dye
    Posted: February 28 2000 at 12:49am
I have colored my Hair black and now I want to go to red
how do I do it. I tried and all I got was red roots and black hair. Help ! I would like to do it myself. But what
do I do?? I have to go to work Tuesday. Please Help
ddtol@aol.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddtol@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2000 at 3:02pm
You have deposited into your hair shaft the darkest color on the color wheel therefore you will have to remove some of the color for the red to show up. Try Effasol. you can buy it at most beauty supplies and the directions are right on the bottle. You don't have to make your hair blonde or anything like that, just allow the effasol to stay on your hair long enough to make it a light or medium brown, depending on the shade of red you desire to attain in your next application.One warning: according to the heat on your head and the location of your hair, this will determine the time it takes the effasol to remove your color.The processing time will very all over your head ........fear not though this is nothing a nice cool water spray bottle wont help. I usually just apply water to the area that is the right lightness I want and then spray cool water on it and remove some of the effasol with an old towel.(Dont let this in your eye's!!! ouch ) follow manufacters warnings and happy hair repair. You may then apply hair color after a good washing and conditioning treatment.
ddtol@aol.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddtol@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2000 at 3:10pm
Hair Dye,
this is me again, one more thing I thought I should cover was,.......make sure you lighten your hair to about the same shade of brown all over your head. If you dont this will cause your hair color to become uneven and it will look splotchy. You may also rinse this out of your hair with a good shampooing if your get scared. Dont let your hair pull so light that you can see through it either! This is called the translucent stage and the next stage is breakage!!!Yikes!! Since you are lightening your hair just to a light shade of brown this shouldnt affect you at all.:0) once again Good luck in your quest:0)
jdf1363 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdf1363 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2000 at 11:14am
jdf1363 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdf1363 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2000 at 11:22am
Hi, Thank you for responding.I didn't get it in time.I called the dye co. they told me to use a color remover.
So i called around and a beauty supply store had a color remover.I used t and my hair turn ORANGE-RED in the middle and streaks!!! I was horriefied and didn't know what to do then??? I called the store back and the lady who sold it to be is not a licensed.SO i called SALLY BEAUTY SUPPLY STORE.
THe lady is licensed. I went there she sold me some color cond and black hair dye. And now I have black hair again..
I will most definetly go to a proffesional to remove this black hair dye.

Thank YOU!
Liz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2000 at 2:19pm
you cant dye over black you must strip out the black(even though its not good for hair) & then dye
Jdf1363 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdf1363 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2000 at 11:46am
How can I strip the black out. Can I do this at home or
do I have to go to a salon? will they sell me the stuff do do it?

thank you
hairtech2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairtech2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2000 at 9:02pm
look at my reply to 'teenage daughter' you need to do that. if you do that and you want to then color at your house. go to sally,s and get presentation by wella semi perm color .pick a shade 3 to 4 shades lighter than your natural color apply and check every ten min. to make sure it dosent go dark.
AngelicJen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelicJen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2000 at 1:23am
Depends on what color red. I have dark brown hair with fire engine red streaks- done at home. If you don't lighten your hair first, the color looks like you've poured kool-aid on your hair & then it turns orange. For this reason i pull strands of my hair through a highlighting cap & bleach these sections. I then rinse the chemicals out of my hair, with the hat still on, and let it air dry. After it's dry i then apply my color to the selected strands. This is the only way i have found to come out with red hair that lasts more than 2 weeks.

Jennifer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic