Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair dye at home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pam4024 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pam4024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair dye at home
    Posted: March 20 2000 at 11:57am
I am writing for my mother who is far from internet savvy. She dyed her hair this weekend, as she always does--to hide the grey. Well apparently this weekend something went VERY wrong and her hair resembles that of ronald mcdonald. She used peroxide, alcohol (based on advice of some friends) and has washed it over and over again. Any suggestions on speeding up the process of washing this out? Or at least tone it down? I am afraid her hair will fall out with all the processing.
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2000 at 8:49pm
Hi Pam:

Oh those moms! It would be very helpful if I knew what product your mom has used on her hair. Is is possible she picked up the wrong color at the store? Has she just had a permanent wave? Has she started taking any new medications? There are just so many things to consider as to why her hair suddenly turned bright red. If she would go to the salon or a beauty school in your area maybe they could set her right. Hope you can get her fixed up. If you try anything else you might damage her hair which I'm sure you donn't want to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic