Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Semi Perm Color over Perm Color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Capelli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Semi Perm Color over Perm Color?
    Posted: August 26 2000 at 2:58pm
Can I use a Semi Permanent Hair Colorant over my hair that is colored with Permanent Haircolor? I was a brunette and now I'm a reddish blonde. I want to darken it about 3 or 4 shades without getting too red. Is there any problematic results with using a Semi on top of Permanent colored hair? Any color recommendations? Thanks!
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2000 at 5:43pm
Hi Capelli:

You should have no problem using semi-permanent color over permanent color. The new demi-permanent color would probably be the best choice if you don't want your new color to wash out in 4-6 shampoos. From what you wrote you now have a reddish blonde color of hair. If you want to go into the brown shades usually you need to make sure that your hair has enough red-orange in it so that it will not pick up the base color of the brown tint which is usually green. When that happens the new color will look swampy or very off color. A light brown tint would probably be your best choice as you have some red still in your hair. Good luck. Forest
Capelli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2000 at 12:30pm
Thanks forest--you are always such a big help to everyone here. I've learned a lot just from reading your responses to other posts.

If you happen to see this, I do have one more question. Do you know if putting semi over my perm color will alter the texture of my hair any? I mean does it coat the hair stands in a way that would weigh the hair down any? Just curious. Also, do you have any semi brand recommendations? Thanks so much for your advice.

Capelli
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic