Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Not Happy with Color My Hair Stylist Gave Me...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not Happy with Color My Hair Stylist Gave Me...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tommywife View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Happy with Color My Hair Stylist Gave Me...
    Posted: September 03 2000 at 8:22pm
Ok, Friday (2 days ago, this is Sunday) I went to my regular person to have my hair cut and colored. I wanted a different color this time. I wanted my hair to be a sandy blonde color. Previously I've been coloring my hair auburn. The last 7 months I've been coloring it at home since we moved into our new house and I couldn't afford the $70.00 every 6 weeks or so right now. I've been coloring it with semi-permanent, Casting Color Spa I think the shade was Redwood? Anyhoo, I last colored it this color in June. I tried once to color it a light golden brown (in July I think) and that just lightened it some. Back to Friday. She lightened my hair, but it's definitely NOT sandy blonde. It still has some red tones in it, and it's a strange color...I can't really describe it...sort of strawberry blonde, but definitely not a natural looking straberry blonde. Kind of yellow/orange-ish tint. It could be worse, but I'm still not happy. What should I do? Should I just go back to an auburn and give up, or can I correct this somehow? I don't have another $70 to go to a salon. And if I can correct it, how soon can I correct it? And with what? My instinct is telling me to do something with an ash base, like an ash blonde, but I don't want it to turn green. HELP!!!
migoya View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2000 at 11:52pm
I would suggest going back to that hairdresser, telling her that your color is not what you would like it to be and could she fix it by toning or even highlighting it. If she won't maybe there is a manager there who can?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic