Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Huge Problem with scissor happy stylist.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NotHappy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huge Problem with scissor happy stylist.
    Posted: October 10 2000 at 1:37pm
I went to a new salon in town for a TRIM. My hair is brown and it finally got to mid back after what seems to be eons. The guy said I had a few split ends and wanted to trim a couple of inches. After he sectioned it off I felt the scissors up just above my shoulders and heard them cut. I jumped out of the chair but there is now a about a 2 inch section that is only about 3" long. I left without paying and tried to talk to the manager but couldn't stop crying long enough to explain (although I showed her what happened). I need to know 2 things. Is their any legal recourse I can take against the stylist or the salon and second, I like to whear my hair up alot. Will extensions work on such a small area or is there a better idea someone has.

Beyond Mad,

Jenny
Iceman4757 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman4757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2000 at 8:42am
Hey there, sorry to hear about the scissor happy stylist. He should be shot! Anyhow I do beleive you can take legal action against them. I remember watching Peoples Court a few years ago and there was a similar case in where the woman went in for a trim and came out with very very short hair and the defense said she had split end ect ect ect. The plaintif won the case and if I remember correctly won about $2000 in damages. I would recommend getting yourself a lawyer and take that chop shop to court. Also find yourself a regualr stylist you can trust......let us know how this turns out.
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2000 at 6:54pm
Dear Not Happy:

You had a very unfortunate experience in the salon. This type of thing does happen in a salon and usually is due to an inadaquate consultation between stylist and client. As far as a lawsuit I don't really know anything about that. One idea for wearing your hair up would be to actually cut the rest of that bottom layer to the 3" you say you have in a 2" space and when you wear your hair up you could mold that short hair to your neckline. If you don't like that idea I suppose a hair extension could be placed there but it would be awkward and probably noticeable. At any rate its going to take some time for that bottom hair to get long enough to place up without some trouble. Sorry you had this bad experience. Good luck with styling. Forest
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2000 at 8:38pm
Is the short section of hair due to his intentionally cutting it that short or because you moved, thus causing the scissors to move?

>>Will extensions work on such a small area or is there a better idea someone has.

It depends on where the section is. Usually extensions are not applied at the very bottom of the neck. Thus, if the short section is at the bottom, the extensions will show. However, if you have longer hair on the bottom, then the extensions will be covered when your hair is down and the longer bottom layers will cover them when your hair is up!

I'm very sorry about your experience.
NotHappy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2000 at 10:09am
I didn't move until after he started cutting. In any event, I still think I am going to consult with a lawyer. I showed my mom who is in town for a few days and she said it was noticeable even with my hair down because my hair is fairly fine. I asked her to take a couple of pictures of the section just in case I can make this guy pay for the damage. What really still gets me is that he knew what I wanted and decided he didn't care. I could have seen if he even cut six inches instead of the one that I was thinking. But I know that my hair didn't need almost ten inches cut off. Anyway, through a few more tears I asked my mom if she would cut it even with that section (but not even a cm shorter than that). It just touches my shoulders now and is ok I guess but I just wish it was a bad dream and I could wake up any time now. Thanks for all your suggestions and support. A friend at work recomended her stylest for the future but I think I'm done with salons for quite a while now.

Thanks Again,

Jenny

BTW ... I did consider getting extensions now but just don't want to invest the money. Maybe I can get the salon to pay for them though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic