Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlighting after color correction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maestro674 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maestro674 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlighting after color correction
    Posted: October 15 2000 at 7:53pm
I had to have a color correction performed on my hair after somewhat of a color disaster. A color remover was applied to my hair to strip the bad color out which brought it to a orange/gold base. Then a light ash brown was added which actually made my hair a medium golden brown, not my natural hair color, but I wish it was becuase I really like how rich it looks and how it compliments my skin tone. But my question is this: I would like to put some gold highlights into it -- subtle yet still pronounced -- but after my hair going through all of the above, is this even adviseable? Or should I just leave well enough alone? I know it's definitely going to take a pro to do this, if it's even possible, but I just need some advice beforehand. Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2000 at 10:23pm
Hi Maestro:

If your hair is in good condition after your color correction you probably could do hi-lights. I would advise you to do several deep conditioning treatments before making your appointment for the hilighting. Your hair probably needs moisture and some protein after what its been through. Make sure you are using professional hair products (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) and you will do fine.

If you check your elasticity (pulling a strand of hair and letting it return back to its original position) and it doesn't immediately break off that is a good sign. If it breaks immediately I would not do the hi-lights at this time. Good luck! Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic