Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Hair Bet that Changed my hair!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ashleygirl17 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Hair Bet that Changed my hair!!!!
    Posted: December 12 2000 at 4:31pm
I enjoyed reading all the other stories on the board and thought I would share mine. Lets just say it was a big mistake putting my hair on the line as a wager! I`m still very annoyed over the fact that I lost the bet and what ended up happening to my hair.

Anyway, two weeks ago I was talking with one of the girls I hated the most in my high school. At the time we were having an arguement about a boy we both liked. We went back and forth claiming that he liked one of us more than the other. Being very confident that he liked me more, I quickly made the wager that if he liked her more that I would get my haircut however she wanted, with exception to being shaved. If she lost I would earn the right to have her haircut however I wanted. At the time I thought it was a win win situation as I knew from one of the boys best friends that he was ready to ask me out. How cool would that be to have the right to cut the hair of the person you hated the most? I was thrilled over the idea and started to pick out the hairstyles she would look the worst in. The following week I was walking down the hallway with some friends and all of sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw her and him making out in the hallway. My mouth dropped wide open as I knew I had lost the bet. Later on in the day I met up with her in English class. She walked up to me as soon as I got in the room and the first words out of her mouth were, snip snip. I cringed and could not say anything. I dreaded the thought of her touching my hair! Later in class she yelled I`ll pick you up this Saturday! At the time Saturday was only 2 days away and with every minute that passed by my heart began to beat faster. Saturday came way too fast and at 1:30 PM on Saturday she picked me up and took me to the place were she gets her haircut. When we got there I waited for 20 minutes and then I was sat in the chair. She pulled the stylist to the side and told her what she wanted done to my 7 inches below my shoulders brown hair. I knew it would not be good and I expected the worst as she knew I hated short hair. The stylist started by cutting almost all my hair off with one cut and it kept getting shorter and shorter as time passed. I was so upset I almost started crying to see all my buetiful hair cut off. The stylist finally finished and I was left with a very short style that could not be tied back at all. The cut left my hair up to my ears which was then layered into something even shorter! The cut is so short that there is not much at all I can do with it at this time and I can`t wait for it to grow back! To add even more insult my brown hair was dyed the same exact blonde color as hers and I now have blonde hair. The other part of our agreement requires my to keep it blonde for a whole year otherwise she will shave my head bald. I`m running scared and I`m very devasted at this time! Thanks for your support and for reading!
McKee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2000 at 8:08pm
Reply to message: 7.786.1
Ok, we should all take a lesson from this - NEVER MAKE HAIR BETS UNLESS YOU ARE REALLY UP FOR SOME DEVISTATION OR YOU REALLY ARE UP FOR SOME MAJOR SNIPPING!!!!!
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
Katherine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2000 at 2:39pm
Hat`s are good!!!!!!!!!
gmoney View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2000 at 10:37am
Dear Ashleigh,

I was really sad to read about what happened to your hair.

I hope you might realise now how special your beautiful long hair was and that once it grows back, you will never do something so dumb as to risk it all for a stupid bet.

Best wishes

John
JenDoesHair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2000 at 11:12am
Ash I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy. Can we help with anything? What exact style do you have now? You should at least be happy that she didnt give you a crewcut or something. Is your hair damaged from the dye? Let me know if I can help.
Jen :-)
ED View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2000 at 8:24am
I BET YER STILL VERY CUTE AND I BET ALL THE BOYS STILL LIKE YA DONT WORRY ITS ONLY HAIR AND ITSLL BE BACK SOON ENOUGH
DID THRRY BUZZ THE BACK LIKE BELOW YOUR EARS?
IF SO THATS A CUTE STYLE
sweet_thang View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2001 at 12:48pm
Hey!!!! I really enjoyed your story...sorry that you don`t like your hair....I hope u can get it back to the way you want it soon....don`t rule out the posibility of hair extentions.

Now I have a story (kinda) of my own

I am up for some major cutting on my hair. Me and this girl are looking for a way to get some major revenge on each other (kinda like you) I really want my haircut. We have both agreed to the hair bet thing.....but I still have time to back out...what do you think that I should do...

Sincerely~
Butterfly
Sarah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2001 at 5:01pm
Reply to message: 7.878.1
Hi, If you wanna cut it I say go for it. It would be really fun!! Let me know what happens, Sarah
Sarah Brooke
Mosch_71 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2001 at 1:41pm
That was the most ridiculous story I have ever heard.
phil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2001 at 7:50pm
Reply to message: 7.886.1
quote:

Mosch_71 originally wrote:
That was the most ridiculous story I have ever heard.

I`m with you there Mosch. Am I really supposed to believe she sat there in the chair, honor-bound to submit to cruel revenge... hold on, this is a fetish thing, right? Original poster, now is the time to come clean!
phil
DancerGirlFive View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2001 at 9:25pm
quote:

Ashleygirl17 originally wrote:
I enjoyed reading all the other stories on the board and thought I would share mine. Lets just say it was a big mistake putting my hair on the line as a wager! I'm still very annoyed over the fact that I lost the bet and what ended up happening to my hair.

Anyway, two weeks ago I was talking with one of the girls I hated the most in my high school. At the time we were having an arguement about a boy we both liked. We went back and forth claiming that he liked one of us more than the other. Being very confident that he liked me more, I quickly made the wager that if he liked her more that I would get my haircut however she wanted, with exception to being shaved. If she lost I would earn the right to have her haircut however I wanted. At the time I thought it was a win win situation as I knew from one of the boys best friends that he was ready to ask me out. How cool would that be to have the right to cut the hair of the person you hated the most? I was thrilled over the idea and started to pick out the hairstyles she would look the worst in. The following week I was walking down the hallway with some friends and all of sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw her and him making out in the hallway. My mouth dropped wide open as I knew I had lost the bet. Later on in the day I met up with her in English class. She walked up to me as soon as I got in the room and the first words out of her mouth were, snip snip. I cringed and could not say anything. I dreaded the thought of her touching my hair! Later in class she yelled I'll pick you up this Saturday! At the time Saturday was only 2 days away and with every minute that passed by my heart began to beat faster. Saturday came way too fast and at 1:30 PM on Saturday she picked me up and took me to the place were she gets her haircut. When we got there I waited for 20 minutes and then I was sat in the chair. She pulled the stylist to the side and told her what she wanted done to my 7 inches below my shoulders brown hair. I knew it would not be good and I expected the worst as she knew I hated short hair. The stylist started by cutting almost all my hair off with one cut and it kept getting shorter and shorter as time passed. I was so upset I almost started crying to see all my buetiful hair cut off. The stylist finally finished and I was left with a very short style that could not be tied back at all. The cut left my hair up to my ears which was then layered into something even shorter! The cut is so short that there is not much at all I can do with it at this time and I can't wait for it to grow back! To add even more insult my brown hair was dyed the same exact blonde color as hers and I now have blonde hair. The other part of our agreement requires my to keep it blonde for a whole year otherwise she will shave my head bald. I'm running scared and I'm very devasted at this time! Thanks for your support and for reading!

Wow! And I thought I had bad hair incidents I feel sorry for you! DancerGirlFive
riverbowl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2001 at 8:53am
Reply to message: 7.878.1
sweet_thang think would of been a pleasure cutting yours and friends hair.
Harold View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2001 at 10:37pm
I for one like seeing cute girls with pixie cuts. Please write to me and tell me about it or whatever, thanks Harold haorldcoolguy@hotmail.com
BluCurls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2001 at 5:20pm
oh, you HAVE to keep it blond or she`ll shave your head? what`s she gonna do? chase after you with some clippers and hold you down? Gimme a break. You could turn this into a great situation by talking to a stylist and figuring out how this short style would work to your advantage! (like what face shape you have and the texture of your hair) And I agree with everyone else, never do anything as dumb as that again. You never know. she could have paid/bribed him to make out with her in the hall to show how gullible you are. dye it back.
long_hair824 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2001 at 12:18am
Reply to message: 7.1151.1
OHHHHHH... why did you go though with it if you hated her? I would just fake not to be home when she came over
long hair :)
Van View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2001 at 11:33pm
i agree with everyone else here. first of all, why would someone post something once never to be heard from again? and like other people have said, no one can force you to get your hair cut or dyed, not unless you are willing or they have you tied down. and if this is a true story, being confident is good, being over confident and cocky gets you into trouble.
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2001 at 4:27am
I am so sick of this Harold guy. STOP TRYING TO PICK UP CHICKS by complimenting them on they`re obviously crap hair. You are such a loser!
Catherine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2001 at 4:27am
I am so sick of this Harold guy. STOP TRYING TO PICK UP CHICKS by complimenting them on their obviously crap hair. You are such a loser!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic