Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - its blonde, its its black, no red, no orange!!!Help me So whats the colour stripper deal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

its blonde, its its black, no red, no orange!!!Help me So whats the colour stripper deal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: its blonde, its its black, no red, no orange!!!Help me So whats the colour stripper deal
    Posted: December 15 2000 at 11:38pm
Well it goes like this.
I have naturaly tobacco blonde hair w/ naturally lighter `streaks` around my face. I started w/ a few foils to lighten, then one day (about 6 months ago) something of a neighbourhood intervention occurred and well, I decided to, under duress, give it a shot from home. Yes you guessed it!! Urgh.
Well it fades to a pleasant straw blonde, but is an all over colour. I am not to thrilled by this.
So naturally(!!!!) I turn to my hairdresser to add some low lights back into my hair. I`m thinking light caramel..well two hours later I have red-black hair with white and gold racing stripes. I call her the next day and tell her...I hate it. She says "sorry babe, live with it"...or at least that is what I hear. I beg for an appiontment, and she tells me it is no use, I`ll be orange, but she pencils me in at my insistance. So I`m washing my hair madly with a residue removing shampoo, and now (7 days later)it has patches of straw blonde with rasberry black.
I WANT TO BE BLONDE AGAIN!!!!!! My skin looks so pale. My kids call me Mummy scary hair. My husband thinks I should join the circus...and, he never turns the light on these days.....hmmm
So what is the deal with colour strippers. how to I go from this to straw blonde again????
I need to know what to tell my hairdresser when I see her next week. I don`t want to tell me she can`t to anything.
I can`t wait it out. I flying to Sweden to meet my mother in law over christmas for the first time in 9 yrs (she is old and....well I`m scared she will have a hearty!!!). Last time I saw her I had light surfer girl hair!!
blondiwannabe
blondiwannabe
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2000 at 7:24pm
Reply to message: 7.796.1
Well blondi almost!

Yes I think you have a little probelm on your head. First of all your hairdresser needs to use a color remover and try to get the artificial color out of your hair. This is always a fun thing because color remover can also lighten your own natural color. But at any rate you need to get the ugly color out and then retint with a nice blonde shade of tint. Your hairdresser should be able to get you to at least a level 6 and then after a few reconditioning treatments she might put in a few face framing hilights. Let me know how you make out with this. I hope your husband starts turning the lights back on!!!!! Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic