Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Home hair colors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krystalle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home hair colors
    Posted: December 25 2000 at 1:23pm
Hey everyone! Lets talk home hair color!
Lets see, Im a natural blonde with medium texture straight hair. I have never had a perm nor do i intend to ever get one! I prefer to color my hair at home rather than at the salon. So far, the coloring products I have used are Clairol Balsam Color and L`oreal Excellence. I was browsing through the colors at the store today and I came across Clairol Nice n` Easy. I told a friend I might switch to Nice `n Easy and she told me that Nice `n easy will DESTROY your hair. I always thought that brand had good reveiws and good results. She warned me of metallic salts in the product. If someone could tell me how well Nice `n Easy works, possibly clear up this misunderstanding my friend has I`d appreciate it.
Oh yeah, also does Balsam Color contain metallic salts as well? Thanx so much-Krystalle
May we all have our fun...:)
mandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2001 at 3:58am
hay! One product that i advise nobody to use is feria streaks! it turns your hair orange instead of blonde. my hair had orange streaks! so i dyed it dark blonde then the orange streaks turned to blonde streaks and now i look like a natural blonde. but never use that!

mwa! luv mandy! :)
SB View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 10:21pm
NICE N` EASY is inexpensive for a reason : it is low quality and harsh on the hair. trust me. stick to a salon or to the more pricey alternatives. always read the ingredients and take into consideration the condition of your hair.
bge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2002 at 2:52pm
Well, actually, Clairol Nice n Easy has the lowest PH level of any haircolor on the market. This means it is the least damaging of any of the home haircolors you can buy.

Personally, I`m partial to L`Oreal haircolour. I find their colours give the hair more shine and last longer. I also like their choice of shades better.

I have used Clairol Nice n Easy in the past with good results. The only problem I found with Nice n Easy was its inability to lift. If I choose a shade close to my natural, the results were fine.

Also, the after color conditioner is not the greatest. Just use a good quality salon conditioner after you use the product and your hair should be fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic