Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

brunette to blond - want brunette!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sheree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brunette to blond - want brunette!
    Posted: February 13 2001 at 1:01pm
I used a Loreal blonde yesterday and colored my medium brown very short style hair. It looks ok, it is now kind of a strawberry blonde, but I really want my brown back.

Can I just re-color it brown tonight?
Solo35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2001 at 2:32pm
Reply to message: 7.854.1
If you could wait a week it would be better for your hair. That will give this color time to settle and wash out a tad. You nay get some damage also by doing it 2 nights in a row. Good Luck!!
Lisa
lenny9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenny9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2001 at 4:28pm
I would not reccommend you to just put a brown dye over the blonde as this can cause your hair to have a tint of green in it you will realize this if you read other letters on the bloopers page, i would reccommend visiting a hairdressers and asking there opinion, i can only tell you this from experience.
lenny9
lenny9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenny9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2001 at 4:29pm
I would not reccommend you to just put a brown dye over the blonde as this can cause your hair to have a tint of green in it you will realize this if you read other letters on the bloopers page, i would reccommend visiting a hairdressers and asking there opinion, i can only tell you this from experience.
lenny9
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2001 at 4:53pm
lenny9 is very right. when you dye your hair and then try to change it back to quickly you will end up with all sorts of funny colored hair. i tried dying my natural blonde hair brown and still got the green tint. also i dyed my hair red, and i mean it was really red. i loved the color and it did wonders for my green eyes but it was just a little too out there for me. so i waited 3 weeks and bought dark blonde dye, and my hair turned bright orange. now its been 5 months since i did that, and i JUST got it back to its right color. mind you i have very short hair, so the grow out period wasnt that long. so please schedule a consultation with a stylist. he or she will be able to tell you what the best color is to use, how long you should wait, and how much damage you will do to your hair by recoloring it. good luck!
wetset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2001 at 10:22am

I have colored many of my friends like this. My best advice is to deep condition your hair and wait one day. Then I would snip a hair strand and do a test color. I would use Wella color charm level 2 color because it deposits color only. I would use a golden brown or a mix of 2 colors. I have had a lot of success with this brand. Remember that the brown will take quickly....thats why we do test strands. mail me if you like wetset4u@yahoo.com
mandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2001 at 3:53am
I think u should just dye it back a shade darker than your natural, then once u shampoo a bit it gets lighter, and fades a bit, then you`ll have close to your natural colour back! or if you want to go blonde properly, use blonissma it works! i used that then dyed it a little darker blonde so it wasn`t like bleach blonde, so now my hair is lightish blonde

--Mandy
kirsty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2001 at 3:09pm
the reason why you`re hair became a strawberry blond is because I think you coloured it with a warm kinda blond colour, like..gold blond, the warm colour turned out to be a little red blond so the best you can do is to color your hair with a brown tint and not with an warm brown like (gold brown) it might take the red out of your hair and bring it back to brown!!

but he best you can do is to vissit a hair dresser, this is the best advise I can give 2 you!!!

good luck
kirsten
kristene View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2001 at 3:17pm
Reply to message: 7.1118.1
if u really want to be a brunette, use something gentle like clairol natural instinct... and only use a semi permanent... that way u dont damage you hair. ive been in ur position and had great results using clairol...
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2001 at 2:32pm
Reply to message: 7.1299.1
You can color over it, after a while. But hear me when I say.....DON`T USE ASH BROWN
DON`T USE ASH BROWN !!!

That is, unless you want green tinted hair.

USE GOLDEN BROWN...if you do get some highlighted red from this (maybe, maybe not) it is still better and more natural than GREEN.

P.S. This is from personal experience!!
Traceyt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traceyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2001 at 10:36pm
Use laundry detergent to strip the current color out. Lather and let sit for 10 minutes. Condition it really well (towel dry then apply conditioner) and apply a low peroxide light brown. It will say low peroxide no ammonia on the box. Natural instincts is a good recommendation.If it is orange you should use an ash light to medium brown. If its more blonde than orange use a natural brown.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic