Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

relaxer disaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: relaxer disaster
    Posted: February 16 2001 at 12:29pm
I am a 23-year-old, caucasian female. About a month and a half ago I got the idea to relax my hair to make it straight and get rid of the frizziness from a show on tv. I bought a relaxer kit, for black women, and used it. It did a lot of damage to my hair! My hair was literally breaking off when I combed it. I used hot oil treatment and conditioned it as much as possible to help my hair. I had to cut it short to get rid of some of the damage, but it is not completely restored. My hair is still straight, dull and damaged. How long do relaxing treatments last? How can I get my hair back to normal? Please help.
claudia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claudia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2001 at 7:51pm
I think I saw that show too. I don`t know what to tell you, but the next time you might want to use an at home permanent kit. Years ago I used to use that on my hair when I wanted it straighter. I would just comb through the formula - not use any rollers. It was pretty gentle as I remember. Hope you find the help you need.
cay
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2002 at 7:18pm
any perm, whetehr it is a relaxer, or proper perm for curls, is PERMANENT

U WILL HAVE IT FOREVER
IT CHEMICALLY CHANGES THE DNA STRUCTURE OF THE HAIR PIECE

so, just condition the hair as much as u can
with leave in conditioners
etccccc

it will b great in no time

ps. use kerastase products to get rid of tha frizz n make shiny anih!
:|
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 7:29am
Unfortunately no deep conditioner can actually repair your hair. It is physically impossible because hair is dead from the moment it leaves your scalp. Without cell turnover, it cannot restore itself and become healthy again. So the damaged part will stay like that--it won`t be getting progressively better. You just have to let it grow out. You can, however, use good conditioners to make it look and feel nicer--in effect, masking the damage. A couple good ones I really like: Aura Cherry Almond Bark Revitalizing Conditioner, Biotera Reconstructor, got2b in therapy. These won`t repair your hair but WILL make it shinier and softer. Good luck! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 9:09pm
well i think u should use the hair repair kit it`s in stores all around but this will take time.

i think it was a really bad idea to use african american hair products cause ure hair might no be strong enough
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic