Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a question...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jeff h. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff h. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a question...
    Posted: November 07 2002 at 10:17pm
hello
i was just wondering if there was anything that you could do to your hair (whether it was straightening, perming, or this, that and the other) that could damage/fry your hair -- that you could NOT fully recover from?

hair grows from the root? so, the live part of the hair is underneath the scalp, right? so, if you were to damage your hair from any kinda thing you could do to it (highlights, dreadlocks) if you cut it off, the new hair under the scalp should grow as it would naturally correct?

but, must be given time to grow am i right on my assumptions?

an interested poster

jeff howery
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2002 at 1:14pm
Jeff, I hope that this will not be your situation. However, I know of one case where this
happened.

You know the movie "The Sound of Music?" One of my favorites. But you know Rolfe,
Liesel`s love interest, how blonde he is? I read that something pretty disgusting happened
to him. They ran out of the stuff they normally used to make his hair blonde and once
put this European thing on it. I think that half his hair fell out and never grew back right.
Since people put substances on their hair that`s not natural to it, it`s not surprising that
those chemicals may have adverse reactions. I hope this is not your case, but I
recommend you go to a place that specializes in damaged hair for a diagnosis. Good luck.
ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2002 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by duke duke wrote:

Jeff, I hope that this will not be your situation. However, I know of one case where this
happened.

You know the movie "The Sound of Music?" One of my favorites. But you know Rolfe,
Liesel's love interest, how blonde he is? I read that something pretty disgusting happened
to him. They ran out of the stuff they normally used to make his hair blonde and once
put this European thing on it. I think that half his hair fell out and never grew back right.
Since people put substances on their hair that's not natural to it, it's not surprising that
those chemicals may have adverse reactions. I hope this is not your case, but I
recommend you go to a place that specializes in damaged hair for a diagnosis. Good luck.

Hi guys!

Well, the reason I am responding is `cuz -- when the Sound of Music was made it was a long time ago, and I`m sure many advancements have been made in hair products...So, would it be as likely for such harsh products -- that you couldn`t get over the damage exist?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic