Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 year old needing help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
goulcards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goulcards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 year old needing help
    Posted: January 03 2004 at 8:44pm
My daughter is 3 years old and was a blonde. She has been swimming in our hot tub and her hair has turned green. Can anyone suggest a way to get rid of this green?

Thanks
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2004 at 11:19am
there's shampoos out on the market that (I think?) neutralize the chlorine in the hair that causes it to be green....I think one of those might be something like "Just Swim" or something like that. Maybe trying one of these would help. I have some somewhere and I think I got it at Walmart or some place like that. Check the bottle to make sure that's what it does first. If it doesn't work, go see a professional.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2004 at 12:10am
I've also heard that ketchup is a good home remedy for neutralizing the green. Not that I've had the opportunity to try this myself (I'm a brunette), but it's worth a shot, as it will be cheaper for you and less traumatizing for her than going to a salon.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2004 at 6:37am
When I was taking swimming lessons years ago. I always used UltraSwim - I used to buy it at F&M but they went out of business - I would try Walmart as the other poster said. Also, salons usually have a shampoo for protecting against chlorine. If neither of these options work, try using a good clarifying shampoo - Suave clarifying shampoo is "good" for stripping color out of hair so it should be "good" for removing chlorine buildup but otherwise I would not use Suave clarifying shamnpoo because it is too harsh for any other purpose but removing unwanted buildup. Good luck. You can find Suave clarifying shampoo at Walmart, Kmart, most drug stores for about $1.49.

Caramia
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."
sexypineapples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexypineapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2004 at 9:38pm
I've seen a L'Oreal Kids Shampoo that you use after you go swimming in the pool or at the beach. It gets rid of the salt and chlorine (chlorine makes blonde hair green) It smells good and it's gentle. (and 'tear-free' lol)
I love you~!!!!!!!!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2004 at 2:37pm
There are also products by Malibu 2000 that are for not only swimmers but also for people with well water and other things.

I think the link is still
Malibu2000.com

You may be able to find these at a local store or at least a beauty supply.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2004 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Grace912 Grace912 wrote:

I've also heard that ketchup is a good home remedy for neutralizing the green. Not that I've had the opportunity to try this myself (I'm a brunette), but it's worth a shot, as it will be cheaper for you and less traumatizing for her than going to a salon.

Wouldent she then turn into a strawbery blond LOL

Actually, Jhon Frieda's Sheer Blond shampoo is good for that.
Tiffany_Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany_Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2004 at 7:30pm
Joico has a shampoo and conditioner that will fix the green. Reslove and phine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic