Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - difficulty getting natural curly hair to curl well during dry winter months
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

difficulty getting natural curly hair to curl well during dry winter months

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Delilah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: difficulty getting natural curly hair to curl well during dry winter months
    Posted: January 09 2000 at 6:07pm
Delilah Butt
Sherry LaBree View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry LaBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2000 at 6:47pm
Hi Delilah,

Although your post didn't come through, I think I understand your plight. In the summer months, prous curly hair acts like a sponge and absorbs the moisture from the air... this causes a tighter curl. During the dry, winter months, we all seem to suffer from curl pull-out in one way or another. I suggest that you lay off any silicone serums during the winter months (unless your hair is VERY course). Silicone serums have a tendency to get a bit heavy and weigh down curl (at least in my experience). For extra oomph, try using a Mousse instead of a gel... Paul Mitchel Scultping Foam is a great one to try. The Original Version is loaded with conditioners, but you may want to use the Extra Body version to boost yur curl volume!
Good Luck!
Sherry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic