Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make my curly hair go straight 4 a day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairgrl15 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgrl15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make my curly hair go straight 4 a day
    Posted: February 21 2000 at 11:03pm
ok, i have dark brown thick curly hair. But i want a change for as day. To make my hair straight but when i try to straighten it, it goees all frizzy. Plz plz help
erin7 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2000 at 5:37pm
I too have dark brown curly hair. I have struggled with it for about 15 years now. The best day of my life was when I got it blown out in a salon. They washed it, put a leave in conditioner on it, and a straighting lotion in. Then with a diffuser she blew it out with a rounded brush. It was smooth and very beautiful.

I recommend going to a salon if your hair is long.
erin7 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2000 at 5:37pm
I too have dark brown curly hair. I have struggled with it for about 15 years now. The best day of my life was when I got it blown out in a salon. They washed it, put a leave in conditioner on it, and a straighting lotion in. Then with a diffuser she blew it out with a rounded brush. It was smooth and very beautiful.

I recommend going to a salon if your hair is long.
JaMiE1414 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaMiE1414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2000 at 3:14pm
A really good way to straighten your hair, besides chemically, is to either use a straightening iron or to blow dry it when it is dry already. Talk a large barrelled round brush and bring it through your hair, litterally holding the dryer in the brush. pull the dryer down really slowly with the brush, count to about 30 seconds before removing it all from the hair. repeat
505DALLAS505 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 505DALLAS505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2000 at 7:42pm
EXCELLENT ADVICE---SINCERELY - M.M. OF DALLAS
Curly_Sue View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly_Sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2000 at 10:43am
Listen I have long brown black curly hair so I feel you.
I dye my hair mediem blond for a white look heres what i do
First I wash my hair and use freeze eaze or straighting
solution. Then I let it dry by itself then take it and plugg up my hot iron srtaightner by vadol sasoon or what ever was cheaper then I take my hair and i part it in four sections.
put them in pony tails and take one pony tail down and take small strands of hair about finger tip full then straighten
it seems to work untile you wash it but still it will curl becaues we have to much body in our hair.

beth I feel you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic