Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sarah Jessica Parker's curls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ewa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ewa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sarah Jessica Parker's curls
    Posted: March 04 2000 at 8:24am

I have long hair with a natural wave which I can't stand! I use a steam straightener which gives me a great straight look similar to Jennifer Aniston's. But I'd also like to get those beautiful corkscrew type curls that Sarah Jessica Parker has in 'Sex and the City'. Would a curling iron achieve this look (or one similar). The only time my hair starts to look like that is when the sea gets in it whilst on holiday and I don't wash it for a few days! Obviously not the best solution! Any ideas???

Ewa 

JaMiE1414 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaMiE1414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2000 at 3:11pm
If you have a long hair with a natural wave like I do, then I know what you can do. When I don't have time to blow dry my hair straight, I use L'Oreal Lasting Curls Gel. It defines your curls or waves. You can scrunch your hair with it when it is wet and then either let it airdry, or, for the wild curl effect, sleep on it when it is really really wet. It comes out very wild and ringlt-ty (if thats a word) and then put a headband or something in it so it looks really nice!
hairtech2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairtech2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2000 at 10:04pm
use a a product to hold the curl. like curl up by kms or back to basics. apply then take 1 inch square sections and start twisting with your finger round and round. one clock wise the othe counter covering all the hair. then let air dry or diffuse then use a tail comb to pick out the curls till you get the effect you want.
prettylongcurls View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettylongcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2000 at 4:11pm
I love her hair to, and although I am a guy, I usually use a curling iron to create those kind of curls in my hair.  If you want to know more email me at kcampb@trib.com.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic