Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

different hair textures (please help)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: different hair textures (please help)
    Posted: March 08 2000 at 8:07am
Hi. I have a bit of a hair problem that's driving me CRAZY!!I keep wanting to grow my hair longer but this keeps discouraging me. When I was
in high school, I had wonderful ringlets all over my head, front, sides, and back. Now, it seems as though I have the hair of two different
people on my head. The sides and front are fine, usually frizz free and curly. On the other hand, the back is coarse and fuzzy with a very weak
curl. I have used permanent color on my hair but not for a long time. My hair is only shoulder length and this color was probably 6 months ago
and I've had a lot of hair cuts since, so I'll rule out severe damage from permanent color. Also, I always use conditioner, deep condition
occasionally, silicone serum about half the time, and always leave in conditioner and never blow dry. Does anybody else have a problem like
this? I've cut my hair so many times thinking it was unhealthy hair, but now I believe that it's just the way my hair grows in the back naturally.
Any suggestions on how to encourage a curl back there? Has anybody ever gotten a perm just on one section of their hair or would that
destroy it completely? Straightening is completely out for me. TIA
lovelylady View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 12:40pm
My aunt who has her own shop, often gave partial perms. Most of the time it was just bangs or something like that. I would suggest finding someone you trust-not a walk in place-and have a hash session and discus options. you should also find out if they have done anything like this before.
imagen23 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imagen23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2000 at 5:58pm
hey bren,
sounds like you and me have the same hair! only differnce is i'm 19 and my hair has always done this! i have really fine hair in front that curls nicely but the back hardly curls at all. i used to get all over perms just so my whole head will curl but i don't wanna process it anymore. (i'm trying to grow out my color too) i just deal with it. i don't know bout getting a perm in just one spot. a week after I look like a poodle and it doesn't settle down for acouple days..and you want that on only one part of your head? i don't know if that happens to you but i know thats how it is for me! just think before you do anything. hope everything goes well!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic