Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

THICK, long, CURLY hair-really needs help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curly_q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curly_q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THICK, long, CURLY hair-really needs help!!
    Posted: April 17 2000 at 11:14pm
My hair is layerd and is still thick. it's frizzy, and i have beening wearing it in a pony tail since grade 5 (i'm in grade 8 now) so my hair i broken at the top. my hair goes POOF at the bottem and not the top!!

i need help i've needed it all my life. please write me at
dallasp@cadvision.com or reply.

thanx alot.

dallas, 14
Until Next Time..Take Care

Curly Q
Lavinia_c View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavinia_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2000 at 9:29am
Go to the hairdressers and have a proper trim try any products they suggest for frizzy hair (If I tell you what I use you probably won't have it where you live you sound American and I come from England).Use moisturising shampoos and conditioners to prevent split ends, try to avoid brushing when not nessarsary as this makes it more frizzy(try running your fingers through to get rid of tangles), try weraing it down or tied loose so you are less likely to break the hair.

I hope this hels you
love Lavinia

-xx-
cdoucet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdoucet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2000 at 3:01pm
Go to the drug store or the beauty supply store and get "Frizz Ease Serum" or (Frizz Ease Spray) that is if you want to have curly hair . . . If you feel better with your hair up use a strong leave in conditioner and put it up in a scrunchie not an elastic . . . not even a fuzzy elastic (don't ever comb it after it's dry) . . . try not to layer it anymore because it will only grow in thicker and in stranger shapes . . . one length hair is heavier and more manageable . . . if you can afford to go to the hairdresser then go to a salon that specializes in afro American (black women) hair . . . Take it from me . . . I am a white female 35 years old and I have had very curly and unbelievably thick and fuzzy hair . . . I have been going to an afro American salon for about two years and I haven't looked back since. I hope this helps . . . Sincerely, CID . . .

p.s. Never cut your hair short, it will only get curlier and harder to handle.
miss_maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2000 at 9:35pm
Try humectress by nexxus. I put lots on and use as a leave in conditioner. I also have it layered, but LONG layers. When it is all one length, i get that triangle head look. I dont like that. I also only blow dry for about 30 seconds and kinda shake it around then air dry. That is enough to separate into ringlets, but not frizz.
good luck
Maria
jtsantos1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsantos1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2000 at 8:53pm
Cid,

I was reading your thoughtful reply and wanted to ask you how you are wearing your hair. I too have really Thick/Curly/frizzy hair and have been layering for years.

I am 30 and at the suggestion of a co-worker have contemplated going to an African American hair saloon, but I feel embarrassed. What do you ask them to do to your hair?

Please help if you can You can E-Mail me directly at
JTSantos1@earthlink.net

Terri PS- Good luck cdoucet!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic