Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are the best chemical straighteners???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are the best chemical straighteners???
    Posted: April 25 2000 at 10:18am
I have pretty thick hair that is naturally very wavy and it is cut in a bob just below my ears. I blow it straight every morning and it takes about 30 -45 minutes. I had a straightener put on my hair once about 5 years ago and it smelled like a perm and didn't last all that long. I would like to know what are the best straighteners? Do they all smell? And which ones last longer?
sodacat View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodacat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2000 at 10:21pm
I have very very curly hair and it is extremely thick. I have been using straighteners on my hair for several years and have tried both having it professionally done and doing it myself at home. If you want to have it professionally done, the best straightener product is Paul Mitchell. The best straightener I have used at home is Motions. It can be found at beauty supply stores. I purchase mine at Sally's Beauty Supply. Both of these seem to be the least harshes on the hair. Don't leave it so dry and brittle. But I do not recommend that you do home straighteners unless you know or have worked with them before and your hair is in excellent condition. Staighteners can be very damaging to your hair. Unfortunately, because of the chemicals in straighteners and perms, you are not going to get away from the smell. Staighteners, like any other product you place on the hair to chemically treat last until new growth appears. With straighteners, depending on the rate of your growth, need to be reapplied to the roots or new growth every 6-8 weeks. If you have wavy hair, I would recommend that you use a perm to straighten your hair rather than a chemical straightener. It is less harmfull and will probably give you the effect you are looking for. Instead of curling it, you comb it through to the ends for the time stated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic