Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding updo ideas? - need 2 styles!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aminutoli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aminutoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding updo ideas? - need 2 styles!
    Posted: May 25 2000 at 7:54pm
Need ideas for my August wedding. Wearing a Japanese wedding kimono so I want my hair up and simple for the ceremony. (Yes, 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 Italian, but I have long brown corkscrew curly hair - thanks a lot dad...) But will have a contemporary simple sheath underneath the robe that I will wear at the reception and want to drop down my long curly hair. Any suggestions?
guywithbraids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywithbraids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2000 at 9:53am
Hi, your outfit sounds great. I love it. Have you thought of a french braid? If you make it loose around your face and then a long braid down your back, it could look very romantic. You could even put some small silk flowers in the braid to match or compliment your dress. Then later you could undo your braid and have loose curls for the reception.
Congratulations, and have a great wedding.
RockinLocks4u View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockinLocks4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2000 at 12:42pm
A really nice simple style to wear with a kimono would be a sort of Gibson Girl type do.with a modern twist.  First style your hair down so that the curl is at it's best, then section off the front from back of ear across crown to other back of ear.  Pull front section straight up and secure with ponytail holder about 1 1/2 inches away from scalp. Pull hair from middle of ponytail tightly to bring it to the scalp, but leaving front and edges full. This would be your down style for the reception. For the formal style, take the rest of the hair(maybe leaving some tendrils at the neck) and pull up into a loose knot or bun at the crown.  Secure with some of those really pretty Japanese sticks or combs. I hope this at least gives you some ideas. Good Luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic