Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chemical straighteners.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baker_girl_72 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker_girl_72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemical straighteners.....
    Posted: June 06 2000 at 10:33am
I want to chemically straighten my hair and I've heard that Trade Secret does a nice job. I've also heard that Oglvie (sp?) home straightener does a pretty good job too. Any comments or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Lisa
LiL_C View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiL_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2000 at 10:32pm
Ogilve is a great relaxer. Just remember your hair should be in good condition before you relax it. My advice is to go to a professional first and see how they do it and then after that try it on your own. *condition your hair really well after you relax it or otherwise it may get brittle and break off*
frizzy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2000 at 1:08pm
I have the Oglive hair chemical straightener but you should get it done by a proffessional
emily
frizzy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2000 at 1:14pm
How do you get your hair to be permanently straightened? I have had my hair permenently straightened twice.the first time I had it done with it highlighted. After that my hair was good. When I took showers I only used shampoo. Then it became curly again. then i got it done again. the day after I got it done I took a shower and used shampoo and conditioner. and it turned back to frizzy and wavy. There is always this curly cue in the same spot and it never grows out. the lady at the salon said it was probably that I had naturally curly hair. but I don't I had just gotten a perm two years ago and the waviness and some curls won't go away. please respond if you know how to make them go back to what they were before...straight.
Thanks
frizzy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2000 at 1:23pm
How do I get my hair straight. i was born with straight hair and then I got a perm. Then I got it straighted and highlighted together. and I didn;t use condition when showering. I got it straightened again but then I showered and it became wavy again. How do I get my hair straightened permenently?
baker_girl_72 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker_girl_72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2000 at 8:43am
I really haven't any suggestions on how to get your hair straight again. I have naturally curly hair and I have had my hair straightened once and it left it wavy--not straight at all. I was very disappointed. If you have naturally straight hair and had a perm, I would think it would be pretty easy to straighten your hair. My sister-in-law had a perm and went to Trade Secret to get her's straightened and it turned out really nice. They did a great job! Sorry I haven't answered your question! :-)

Lisa
WhitneyPhly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhitneyPhly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2000 at 10:53pm
Hi, I read your post on this site and i had been seriously considering getting my hair straightened. Could you give me any info you can on the subject please?? Does it damage your hair alot, and do you think they work at all? I have naturally curly hair. Would it get rid of my curls?? I hate them!!! Thank you so much...this means alot to me. Please email me at WhitneyPhly@aol.com instead of posting it on this site--i may forget to check! Thank you!
~*Whit*~
Midge0413 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midge0413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 12:58pm
Most likely you have put too much stress on your hair. The older you get the more that your hair changes and the perm might have made your hair become a little wavier. I would be careful putting more than one straightener in one year. It can be very stressful on your hair. The only information is to go to a salon and tell them what the problem is. Don't go where you previously have gone because evidentally theirs don't work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic