Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conair Straight Styles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Catriona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catriona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conair Straight Styles
    Posted: June 17 2000 at 8:24am
Hello!

My hairdresser once told me that putting a curling/straighteneing iron to damp hair damages it, 'cause the cuticle is exposed (or something like that). So, I was wondering about irons like the Straight Styles one, that use a mist with the heat. Is that the same as putting a hot iron to damp hair?

Thanks for any responses!
Catriona
carrielm1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrielm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2000 at 3:24pm
I believe the Straight Styles iron is different than putting an iron on wet/damp hair. Since you are applying the mist iron to dry hair, it is actually better than using a plain iron on dry hair. However, I have tried this product, and discovered that due to the moisture, it was more difficult to straighten my wavy hair with it.
Good luck =).
punknessgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punknessgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2002 at 3:11am
I agree with the above poster, its quite different then actually using the iron on wet hair..when your hair is dry the cuticles are closed, and applying steam would not damage them. i have the conair straight styles, and i use it alot, and my hiardresser says i have really healthy hair. but, if you want your hair straight, and dont like the idea of using the iron, you can always get a good straightning lotion like VS Sassoon`s Sleek Straightning Balm...you aply it to your damp hair, then using a paddle brush or a ventelated brush, blowdry section by section. i use that method alot when i straighten my hair also, and it turns out great and most people dont even know i have curly hair!!!!
Hope something works out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic