Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

diet, hair, health, and fitness Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JL View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diet, hair, health, and fitness Questions
    Posted: June 23 2000 at 2:41am
Being a man, I never even considered hair as anything important. After college I started becoming very aware of my health, fitness, appearance, and my hair. Naturally, I was embarrassed to even ask anyone about how to get healthier hair, I just assumed it was a function of genetics and men don't really have to worry about that stuff. I don't even think I've combed my hair in the last ten years. So here's the skinny, I've got short, curly hair, coarse, brown, and thick hair. I have always envied straight hair, mostly because it seemed so much easier to deal with. Those guys just appear more confident for some reason, you don't have to get a haircut as often. my hair grows very fast and it is really frizzy, and with any length it looks horrible and get in the way of sports. I would like to know i can alter my diet to improve the health of my hair, what kind of shampoo would make it healthier, how often should I wash it(I play sports every day, does that affect it?) How can I straighten it without going to any kind of salon. And just general haircare, I'm a guy and I just don't know.
any comments, hints, and advice anyone has is greatly appreciated both by me and my own personal sense of self-consciuosness. Thanks-JL
One life to live; so much to see and do.
adrienne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2000 at 5:40pm
Some advice that should greatly improve your hair. I am a woman with naturally curly hair, but I have a guy friend who was in the same boat as you. No matter what length, your hair will always be curly, so choose a length that is easy to maintain on a regular basis. Since you seem to be an avid sports player, probably the shorter the better. A good diet will do wonders for your hair. Try to cut back on fast food, if you have that tendency, and drink a lot of water. You may also want to take a multivitamin if you don't already. There are also some really good vitamins out there targeted strictly for hair. Try GNC or Vitamin World. Now, general hair care information. Since you get sweaty a lot, you may want to wash your hair everyday. But do so with a gentle shampoo. Johnson's Baby Shampoo works great. If you don't want to go that route, I suggest a shampoo and cond. that are both moisturizing. If you use this, wash every other day.(Suave is great, or Pert Plus.) No matter what, when your hair is wet, and I mean straight out of the shower wet, apply a leave in conditioner. I currently use Regis, but I also like Suave or Pantene. Next, coat your hair with either mousse or gel. I use mousse, but I use a lot. You should probably let your hair dry naturally to cut back on frizz, but if you don't have the time, or your hair takes a while to dry, use a diffuser. Hope this will help you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic