Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wantcurls View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me
    Posted: June 26 2000 at 8:21pm
Hi i have straight hair and it is layered. I want curly hair but kindof like perm curls and not like dressy curls. Kind of like a felecity thing. Can anyone tell me what to do and buy but not have me actually perm my hair
adrienne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2000 at 5:29pm
I have naturally curly hair, but I have a suggestion that will give you curls w/o getting a perm (which is a smart move because the chemicals are so damaging.) While your hair is wet, apply either gel or mousse. Since your hair is straight, you may want to go with gel so the curls will last longer. Next, wrap your hair in curlers. Choose a size depending on what kind of curls you want, tight or loose. Smaller for tight, larger for loose. Let your hair air dry in the curlers, which may take a while depending on your length and thickness. Once your hair is dry, carefully remove the curlers. Absolutely do not comb through it. You may want to finger or scrunch it a LITTLE. Spray on some hairspray, and you should be good to go. Hope this works for you.

Adrienne
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic